Who is the GOAT of WMMA striking?

GOAT is purely subjective, pointless drivel.

Joanna Jędrzejczyk is technically one of the best strikers in all UFC.

giphy.gif

Joanna by a country mile, as of right now.

Anderson Silva has a very high voice.

I think you have to say Joanna and Cyborg specifically for MMA. There have been girls who have better striking accomplishments who have fought in MMA like GDR, Holly, Valentina and even Denise Kielholtz and Jorina Baars, but for what they've done with it in MMA, it's Joanna and Cyborg easily imo.

Joanna
Cyborg
Shevchenko
Kolwalkawicz
Holm
Nunes

The rest of wmma for the most part literally cannot strike effectively at all.

Tough question, there are so many phenomenal strikers in WMMA to choose from...it's amazing how sharp and technically sound they've all become

LOL

people saying JJ smh

Don't you know Shevchenko punked her multiple times

70308229.jpg

Last edited:
cyborg cause i don't see anyone stopping her in striking. but if joanna was somehow big enough without losing speed and skill she would be, but you can't be better than someone if you can't beat them.

cyborg cause i don't see anyone stopping her in striking. but if joanna was somehow big enough without losing speed and skill she would be, but you can't be better than someone if you can't beat them.

If someone does not have technically sound striking (bad fundamentals) but is significantly stronger and faster, and wins through aggression and athleticism, does that actually make them a better striker or a better athlete?

I lean towards the "better athlete" side of the equation. I see a better striker as someone more skilled.

In da order :

De Randamie
Valentina
Joanna
Holm
Calderwood
Inoue
KK
Cyborg

Cyborg, JJ, Valentina and Holly (extremely skilled, less exciting) are excellent strikers but I am of the belief it is too early to anoint a GOAT striker of WMMA just yet.

GOAT = greatest of all time - which is dumb since time is not exactly stopping anytime soon and until it does, giving this title to anyone is something only a moron would do.

And then there's the fact that wmma is still in its infantry.

cyborg via actually having legit KO power something 99% of females fighters will never have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back