Who is the front runner for 2021’s DOTY (duck of the year) award so far?

Candidates:

1.) Jones ducking Francis.

2.) Hooker ducking Islam.

3.) Felder ducking Islam.

4.) Colby ducking the entire WW top 5.

1) Asking for a better share of the profits from your labor is never ducking. That's what we all do when we ask for a raise at work, and many look for a different job if they don't get it.
2) The number 8 rank is naturally going to want to fight a top 5 fighter, not the 10th ranked fighter -- they want to move up.
3) Why would two guys both ranked at number 10 want to fight each other? Both should be looking for a top 5 fight to move up.
4) Top contender wanting a title shot is normal.

Ducking is when the champ doesn't give a fight to a worth contender -- its bad because the only way for the contender to win the title is to beat the champ, and he can't do that if the champ ducks. Its pretty meaningless when anyone else does it, because there's nothing special about fighting say the top contender or the 5th ranked guy or the 10th ranked guy -- you could as easily fight the 2nd ranked or 6th ranked or 9th ranked guys.

It’s still GDR.
#GDRforlife
Also, being picky with your, very short, career is intelligent. I’m not referring to GDR here, BTW. She may be the only fighter that I personally believe has actually “ducked” competition out of fear.

d78W11W.jpg

Candidates:

1.) Jones ducking Francis.

2.) Hooker ducking Islam.

3.) Felder ducking Islam.

4.) Colby ducking the entire WW top 5.

With no harsh feelings I'll submit Dustin the Diamond.

He ducked an absolute sure fire title shot (which would already have happened by now) for a cash filled rematch with a guy in Conor; who he dispatched quickly and made it look easy.

There is nothing bigger than ducking a title shot.. Nothing.

Now that doesn't change the fact that I love Dustin and will root for him just about every time out.

But he is taking the path of least resistance, as both Chandler and Olivera present more problems for him than Conor does.

So I hope he Blasts the Irishman and returns quickly to grab his EARNED crack at the belt.

You know I used to feel the same way, but the way the UFC was going about cyborgs drug testing was majorly suspect and she was a known cheater. What I don't understand why GDR would be afraid of Cyborg but not the woman who knocked her out and is considered the women's GOAT by many. I kinda understand her perspective now tbh

I understand her better as well.. But I wonder if she sorta looks back on it differently now.. I bet she could have given Cyborg a better fight than she gave Amanda. Cyborg was proven to be vulnerable by Amanda's striking and Amanda herself wisely avoided striking with DeRanda. Meaning an MTB trained Amanda has a Plan B whereas Cyborg does not.

Everyone knows Islam will dominate anyone in the division

Can't blame them for ducking him

I can’t stand jones, everything about him is awful, but he isn’t ducking anyone.

giphy (70).gif

Requesting a ridiculous amount of money that you know the UFC will laugh at, then claiming "I'm not fighting cause they won't pay me what I'm worth" is ducking.

If Jones was reasonable, his fight with Ngannou would already be signed and announced. He don't want none of Francis' smoke.

Jones has exactly ONE finish in EIGHT years, arguably lost his last 2 fights, Jones is finished.

Frank would shadow realm him, and Jones knows this, which is why he uses money as his excuse not to get KTFO.

tenor (27).gif

Jones and it’s not even close. He ducked two divisions.

Second maybe Felder, someone posted a podcast after the Islam vs Dober fight where he pretty much explicitly said “yeah, I don’t wanna fight this guy”. Most transparent and shameless act of ducking I’ve seen in a while, it’s not like Felder is ranked 20 spots ahead of him lol. He’s not even trying to make up a real excuse, just a straight up duck.

Jones. Nobody gives a shit who Hooker or Felder fight, let alone who they dont want to fight.

I understand her better as well.. But I wonder if she sorta looks back on it differently now.. I bet she could have given Cyborg a better fight than she gave Amanda. Cyborg was proven to be vulnerable by Amanda's striking and Amanda herself wisely avoided striking with DeRanda. Meaning an MTB trained Amanda has a Plan B whereas Cyborg does not.
Yeah for real. Would be a great fight and GDR had/has a very good chance at winning. I actually really don't think she was scared of her, she did blatantly duck her for sure though

Jones ducking Stipe harder than he ducked USADA

7BUvocT.jpg

Didnt Masvidal ducked everyone to get the money fight? he lost, but he got paid.

View attachment 854384

Requesting a ridiculous amount of money that you know the UFC will laugh at, then claiming "I'm not fighting cause they won't pay me what I'm worth" is ducking.

If Jones was reasonable, his fight with Ngannou would already be signed and announced. He don't want none of Francis' smoke.

Jones has exactly ONE finish in EIGHT years, arguably lost his last 2 fights, Jones is finished.

Frank would shadow realm him, and Jones knows this, which is why he uses money as his excuse not to get KTFO.

View attachment 854386

All nonsense. Jones is one of the greatest champions in mma history. He cleaned out LHW many times.

He’s not ducking anyone. Is he a horrible person? He sure is but he’s not ducking anyone. After his long career he wants to be paid for a super fight and I agree with him

Khabib ducking welterweight.

He said there are no challenges left for him. The top tier of the UFC's welterweight division would be a challenge for him.

It wouldn't be going up a weight class, but rather returning to his natural weight class. He fought 11 times at welterweight prior to coming to the UFC, which is exactly the same number of times he fought at lightweight in the UFC. He has missed weight twice in the UFC, and visibly struggled on the scale while weighing in for his last 2 fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back