Who is the front runner for 2021’s DOTY (duck of the year) award so far?

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Candidates:

1.) Jones ducking Francis.

2.) Hooker ducking Islam.

3.) Felder ducking Islam.

4.) Colby ducking the entire WW top 5.

Are you trolling by putting Hooker and Felder above Colby?

Hooker and Felder have every reason to turn down a fight with an intense grappler while coming off of losses.

Colby on the other hand was decisively defeated (and injured) by the champ, came back and beat a washed up Woodley who just lost like 4 straight and Colby just started demanding a title shot after that. Colby ducked Edwards, WB, and probably plenty of other legitimate contenders in his division in hopes to fight a guy again who literally just got done breaking his jaw.
The way you framed your post is trash, there’s a clear cut duck of the year and it’s Colby “Touch me and I’ll sue” Covington.

It’s still GDR.
You know I used to feel the same way, but the way the UFC was going about cyborgs drug testing was majorly suspect and she was a known cheater. What I don't understand why GDR would be afraid of Cyborg but not the woman who knocked her out and is considered the women's GOAT by many. I kinda understand her perspective now tbh

Candidates:

1.) Jones ducking Francis.

2.) Hooker ducking Islam.

3.) Felder ducking Islam.

4.) Colby ducking the entire WW top 5.

The most hilarious duck is Masvidal not wanting any of Colby when Colby is talking all the shit about Masvidal, and Masvidal is about dat life according to many of his fans and prob Mas himself.

Second is Jones ducking Nganou.

Jones by a mile. Nobody else is even in the race, imo.

This.

I don’t even have an issue with him not wanting to fight. The issue is him just not admitting it and stringing along all these gullible fanboys into thinking money is what’s holding them up.

The most hilarious duck is Masvidal not wanting any of Colby when Colby is talking all the shit about Masvidal, and Masvidal is about dat life according to many of his fans and prob Mas himself.

Second is Jones ducking Nganou.

The Colby Masvidal situation is up there as well but Jorge does get the slight pass because he did have the title fight so it paid off. Granted it was still an intentional duck but still not on the level
Of Jones. Most people are in agreement that Jorge didn’t want the Colby fight. What makes the Jones situation more annoying is the fan boys just riding along believing what he’s saying about actually wanting the fight.

Back