Who is the Eye-play MMA GOAT?

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
We saw Mendes putting his fingers in McGregor's eyes (and gash) several times.

Jonny Bones is famous for "accidentally" repeatedly poking the eyes of multiple opponents.

Paul Harris went after Jake Sheilds' peepers with a vengeance.

Who else is there?

And who is the King of the Blinders?

My tweet yesterday

"Palhares has apparently graduated with honours from the Chuck Liddell/Jon Jones School of Eyepoking"

Gordeau is the GOAT and pioneer in the eye department.

hqdefault.jpg

Gotta go with Gordeau. These dogs beat me to it.

And as Gordeau is to eyes, Goodridge is to testicles.

Gus is a big time eye gouger.

Gotta go with Bones here.. Dude had reach advantage over nearly all of his opponents. But still wanted to act like he needed to paw at the guys eye sockets to find his range.. Most dominant LHW maybe ever, but still had to resort to eye gouging and front knee kicks. Never understood that because he really didn't need to do that stuff to win.

Pahlares was pretty ridiculous last night. He kept doing it over and over after a warning, pretty obvious it wasn't an accident.

Gotta put that partially on Mazzagati (who we already know is a terrible ref) for letting him do it some many times without taking a point.

Giblert Gordeau and Jon "Hess" Jones are contenders for GOAT eye players

Gordeau is the GOAT and pioneer in the eye department.

hqdefault.jpg

This and it's not even close. GG paved the way for eye gougers everewhere.

Gerard really takes the cake with his whole explaination of the event and what was going through his mind while he was trying to blind Yuki (it was Nakao, right?). I don't want to fighter bash so I'll just say that GG takes the eye gouging cake and based on his behavior and his justification of it, even almost a decade later, I think he has serious mental health issues.

Palhares seems to have some psych issues, too. He acts like he has extremely underdeveloped empathy and he seems ultra impulsive.

And before people say 'but but but he's a cage fighter and grew up poor', tons of pro and anmy fighters that are from slums or flavelas are incredibly cool with fully developed empathy.

It's serial killers that are devoid.

Palhares is a savant. His MMA jits game is on a whole different level. Consistently subbing some of the most talented sub wrestlers in the sport in Fitch, Shields, Pierce etc almost seems impossible. He's an MMA grappling god.

Unfortunately, I think he is also either a socioP or his emotional development was arrested at some point around 3 or 4 years old.

I hate to say it because he's such an amazing fighter but I don't think he should be allowed to fight anymore. He's just not able to make whatever adjustments he needs to in order to not fight dirty and actually try to INJURE opponents even after he's won the fight.

He could actually be charged for some of his actions in the ring. He's not just breaking Unified rules, he's comitting crimes.

IMO.

Gordeau, most definitely.

Mendes? I never noticed that at all. When was it?

Back