Who is the bigger threat to Jones? Gus or Cormier?

i think they're both a threat with cormier being the bigger of the two.

Cormier for sure.

I think Jones will take care of business much better this time around with Gus.

When he does fight Cormier I think we may see a very similar game plan to what Cain did with JDS. Push the fight to the cage and keep the pressure on while landing shots against cage. Never let Jones get the distance. Then go for a takedown at the end of each round.

I think they're both a big threat but Alex by a slight edge here.

How is Gus not the biggest threat when he's the only guy that has almost beat Jones? And Cormier hasn't even fought JBJ yet lol

Got to go with Cormier. He already fought and beat Gus, and I'm assuming he'd do better in the rematch.

No logic on Sherdog please.

Not sure how that's logic. Yes Gus gave him problems- that happens, from time to time, in a fight. Jones did beat him, however.

Also, because two people haven't fought it's impossible to assume that one could give the other problems? Now that is some logic.

DC. I think Jones is going to beat Gus badly in the rematch but we'll see.

Not sure how that's logic. Yes Gus gave him problems- that happens, from time to time, in a fight. Jones did beat him, however.

Also, because two people haven't fought it's impossible to assume that one could give the other problems? Now that is some logic.

Gus has come the closes to beating Jones. If you're assuming Jones will have a better game plan the second time, then you have to assume Gus will too. DC has fought Cummins and Hendo at 205. Gus has literally almost beat JBJ. So if were talking logic, since Gus ALMOST beat JBJ and DC has beat a 40 yr old and a guy not even in the top 15 at 205, you have to go with Gus. That's logic.

Gus has come the closes to beating Jones. If you're assuming Jones will have a better game plan the second time, then you have to assume Gus will too. DC has fought Cummins and Hendo at 205. Gus has literally almost beat JBJ. So if were talking logic, since Gus ALMOST beat JBJ and DC has beat a 40 yr old and a guy not even in the top 15 at 205, you have to go with Gus. That's logic.

This is the logic I'm following: Gus is 0-1 with JBJ so far. DC is 0-0, but also undefeated (OK a 40 yr old so let's forget Mir, Nelson, Silva, Barnett, etc).

I'll go with the latter (and the lack of logic I noted was the idea that since two people haven't fought we can't consider them a threat to each other. Utterly silly.)

This is the logic I'm following: Gus is 0-1 with JBJ so far. DC is 0-0, but also undefeated (OK a 40 yr old so let's forget Mir, Nelson, Silva, Barnett, etc).

I'll go with the latter (and the lack of logic I noted was the idea that since two people haven't fought we can't consider them a threat to each other. Utterly silly.)

Gus has won 2 rounds against Jones when nobody else besides Machida has come close to winning a round against Jones. DC has not yet won a round against Jones and will be coming off knee surgery. But please, go on.

DC is a bigger threat. He will strike and he will wrestle. But that doesn't mean he will win.

Gus has won 2 rounds against Jones when nobody else besides Machida has come close to winning a round against Jones. DC has not yet won a round against Jones and will be coming off knee surgery. But please, go on.

Yeah let's throw sarcasm around after saying nothing. People win two round in a 5 round fight all the time. Nobody is retarded enough to say either is an easy fight- but I'm not going to pick the guy who has already bloody-well lost.....

But yeah, I'd pick BJ Penn over Lawler against GSP in a fight next month because he's already won a couple of rounds and Lawler hasn't even fought him.

Yeah let's throw sarcasm around after saying nothing. People win two round in a 5 round fight all the time. Nobody is retarded enough to say either is an easy fight- but I'm not going to pick the guy who has already bloody-well lost.....

But yeah, I'd pick BJ Penn over Lawler against GSP in a fight next month because he's already won a couple of rounds and Lawler hasn't even fought him.

We're talking about who is the biggest threat to JBJ. Gus almost beat him. Cormier hasn't even fought him yet. Therefore, Gus is the bigger threat.

None of those fighters were in their prime when Cormier fought them.

Heavyweight is a shit division, I don't think Cormier has proven himself against the best. Not to say that he is a bad fighter because he clearly isn't, but we don't know how good he actually is.

Back