Who is the better Fighter..Varner or Guillard?

Varner is better overall. That doesn't mean Melvin can't put on a great performance and win. Either way, I have Varner winning.

varner, but it depends on what frame of mind varner is in.

sometimes he's a killer, sometimes he's over cocky, sometimes he doesn't even look all there.

but guillard caves too if the fight doesn't go his way, and i'm going to guess this is a fight he'll abandon his gameplan in when he gets hit and pay for it

I would say that Varner is the more complete fighter of the two, but Guillard has the biggest 'puncher's chance' due to his speed and power, perhaps moreso than anyone else in the in the UFC and could beat any lightweight on a night that goes his way.

Varner, but they both have the same weakness. So you dont know who's going to show up.

Guillard has a chance of winning against everybody at 155, in the first 3 minutes that is. Overall I'd say Varner has the better chances but I wouldn't bet on that fight at all.

varner vs lauzon should have been fight of the year

:eek:

I remember before Guillard fought Lauzon thinking it was going to look a lot like when Guillard fought JoeDaddy.

I think Guillard vs Varner will look a lot like when Melvin fought Rich Clementi.

So yea, I have Varner wjnning

guillard. as long as he doesn't do some stupid shit which there is always a chance of

The only fighter with a worse ground game than cup Cheik Kongo is Guillard.

WTF? Kongo has only one submission loss and it was to Mir. He outwrestled and controlled on the ground most of his recent opponents. Just at heavyweight you have Barry and Johnson with actual bad ground game.

Melvin reminds me of Randleman, in that his potential seems to outweigh his actual production.

Guillard lasted on the ground with Fabricio Camoes so if you think Varner is going to submit him youre on drugs. Melvins striking and takedown defense is going to be the difference in this fight, I see him winning RD1 KO

I think overall they are similar in skill set and ability. But i think Guillard has a slight speed advantage and Varner has the chin and slight wrestling advantage. They both have good boxing/striking but are not great at bjj.

Varner takes it by having a better chin and having nearly equal power and boxing plus better wrestling.

FYI Guillard does not have a "slight" speed advantage over Varner, especially on the feet. Not saying Varner won't win but Guillard's athleticism is easily one of his biggest advantages.

Both guys have the tools to win, though I never discount Guillard's tendency to have a brain fart mid match and do something really dumb when he's winning.

Varner if his gas tank is full. As short as he is, he cuts alot of weight and I think thats what made him call sick the other day. I remember he took a pic and he was at 185 the first or second day after his first UFC fight against Barboza. I asked him if he could fight at FW before and he said that he would rather rather fight at WW. If Jamie would get his cardio up to match his skill level, he would be a bad man.

Gulliard is more athletic but I would say that Varner skills are mo complete and technical. Not that Melvin is not technical but Varner is more so

Back