Who is the better fighter now Dustin or Justin?

Because stylistically he has advantages over Dustin that he didn't have over Khabib. His standup has improved and he can hit harder than Dustin who struggled to put away Dan Hooker. The only area where Dustin is better is BJJ but he doesn't have the wrestling like Khabib to take him down.

Ok but are there any areas where Gaethje is better than Poirier (besides raw power)?

I worry that Dustin wasted time on a has-been like Conor and that could affect his ability at the elite level.

Maybe, maybe not.

But it concerns me
My thoughts too, his last few fights before Conor were wars and a hip surgery, then he "wasted" 2 more full camps on Conor. It may very well show itself soon. If not his next fight

Dustin, he's smarter in the cage. Knows to pace, composed when taking shots now, and can grapple. Not his forte, but on top he's good. And his gameplan for Conor 2 was on point. Everything worked, calf kicks even more than he thought they would.

Gaethje's a all-out war type of guy, who showed good shot selection vs Tony. But, Tony's washed, so that can be misleading, also to others who faced him since then.

why would anyone pick Justin ? Because he KO'd Michael Johnson? Thats about the only point he has over Poirier.

he looked like an amateur against khabib.
Got tko'd by dustin.
Has been MIA for about a year now...

While I lean Dustin slightly, who would talk about Michael Johnson when mentioning Gaethje quality wins unless you're intentionally trying to show your bias?

Anyone not completely biased would think of Gaethje's biggest and most recent win, destroying and possibly ending the elite career of Tony Ferguson, who was on a 12 fight win streak and on many P4P lists.

Hard to say. Beating Conor in 2021 doesn't mean much. But the way Dustin beat him was impressive. I'd probably say he's better than Justin right now.

I think we may get to find out sooner than folks think.

Champion Olivera wants to fight frequently. If DFW allows this, the division will move right along and these top guys will no longer be able to wait around and duck...

The willingness of Olivera and the absence of Khabib, Conor, & Tony should put an end to the constant delays between elite fighters meeting.

giphy.gif

Hard to say. Beating Conor in 2021 doesn't mean much. But the way Dustin beat him was impressive. I'd probably say he's better than Justin right now.

So basically Conor is the best until he loses which means he was past it, injured, unmotivated etc... You guys need to stop discrediting the wins of those who beat Conor and stop giving Conor excuses every time he loses.

Poirier outlanded him 179 : 116, outlanded him every round and knocked him out.
Gaethje was cut after just 70 seconds. He has more scar tissue nowadays.
Gaethje's hits also consisted of 43% leg kicks, while Poirier scored more to the head.
Gaethje eyepoked him in the 2nd and 3rd. Second eyepoked was even in both eyes.
Very fucking dirty from Gaethje.
Poirier is 2 months younger and with checking the kicks he definately will be the favorite.
Reading your post, I was about to reply that you must have been concussed recently, but then I read
Poirier is 2 months younger and with checking the kicks he definately will be the favorite.
Great fucking point!

So basically Conor is the best until he loses which means he was past it, injured, unmotivated etc... You guys need to stop discrediting the wins of those who beat Conor and stop giving Conor excuses every time he loses.
You sound upset. And you obviously have me confused with someone else.

Justin has nothing for Dustin. Idk what some of you are smoking.
Footwork, power, leg kicks, natural athleticism. And, statistically, Justin has more significant strikes landed per minute, higher striking accuracy, higher takedown defense and, though only by a smidge, better striking defense numbers, too.

I'm still favoring Doostin cause the numbers aren't that far off - he can hold his own and remain dangerous, his ability to string combos together is impressive and he's just better on the ground.

But you asked where Justin might be better, here you go.

Justin brings a great level of violence. But just feel like Dustin's ability to find good counter shots would lead to Gaethje's downfall again i think. Not to mention Poirier just has a lot more options than Gaethje does in strategy. But gaethje is definitely a live dog if they fight again. Justin comes to and can finish fights very easily if he lands. And Poirier likes to naturally strike. So the fight is likely going to spend good amounts of time where Gaethje's best chances to win are. But Porier to me is just the top to bottom better fighter and would be hard to not favor him.

Footwork, power, leg kicks, natural athleticism. And, statistically, Justin has more significant strikes landed per minute, higher striking accuracy, higher takedown defense and, though only by a smidge, better striking defense numbers, too.

I'm still favoring Doostin cause the numbers aren't that far off - he can hold his own and remain dangerous, his ability to string combos together is impressive and he's just better on the ground.

But you asked where Justin might be better, here you go.
All those numbers mean nothing to me because of the level of competition that Justin has fought. Barboza and old man Tony are his best wins. I also disagree that he has better footwork and athleticism than Dustin.

As of now, Dustin.

I’d pick Justin in the rematch though

Back