• Tom Welling

• Brandon Routh

• Henry Cavill

• Tyler Hoechlin

Results are only viewable after voting.
looks like the Kingdom Come Superman.
Superman-DC-Comics-Kingdom-Come.jpg

100% Reeves.

Legit the iconic portrayal of Clark Kent as the demure, trodden on type of everyman. Then just the ideal heroic portrayal of Supes.

Despite its short comings due to age, his Superman movie is absolutely iconic.
I don’t even think there were any shortcomings, other than studio interference.

I don’t even think there were any shortcomings, other than studio interference.
Yeah I mean mostly the fact that it definitely appears "dated" due to some effects. But even that is barely a complaint for the movies.

looks like the Kingdom Come Superman.
Superman-DC-Comics-Kingdom-Come.jpg

I only recently got back into comics. Kingdom Come was fantastic. I like Ross' work. When I think of what superheroes would look like in a real life, I think of stuff like this.

For those that don't know, KC tells the story of the newer super heroes screwing things up and the retired Golden Age heroes in their old age have to come back and set things right. Some of the best art in comic history. There's just something about the art that conveys epicness:

kingdom-come-web.jpg

Christopher Reeve by virtue of the fact he was the man in the tights when I was a kid growing up. I like Henry Cavil, but I'm a sucker for the more older comic accurate dweeb that is Clark Kent.

I only recently got back into comics. Kingdom Come was fantastic. I like Ross' work. When I think of what superheroes would look like in a real life, I think of stuff like this.

For those that don't know, KC tells the story of the newer super heroes screwing things up and the retired Golden Age heroes in their old age have to come back and set things right. Some of the best art in comic history. There's just something about the art that conveys epicness:

kingdom-come-web.jpg
Alex Ross's art work is awesome. I read Marvels a few years back and it great art work from him.

Yeah I mean mostly the fact that it definitely appears "dated" due to some effects. But even that is barely a complaint for the movies.
Yeah. I don’t hold that against them. As in all cases, I try to judge movies by the standards of the day, not the standards of today.

tom welling was a decent superman. he was wholesome and also jacked

Years ago at Dragon*Con I attended a Smallville panel with most of the show’s cast, except Welling.

I swear, they spent half the time talking about how huge the guy was and how they all felt like hobbits because they all had to do their scenes with him standing on apple boxes.

Dean Cain was the best Clark. Chris Reeve the best Superman. But I don't think anyone really nailed it in live action.

Cavill could be great if they'd give him better material to work with.

For the time being it's Reeves.

Years ago at Dragon*Con I attended a Smallville panel with most of the show’s cast, except Welling.

I swear, they spent half the time talking about how huge the guy was and how they all felt like hobbits because they all had to do their scenes with him standing on apple boxes.

Which is your favourite “fan expo” comic con type experience? Do you have any other stories? I enjoyed this one

Usually I'm a jaded asshole when comparing new movies to old movies, and generally prefer the old movies because of nostalgia.

For example I don't like Daniel Craig as James Bond, and have always said Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery in the role.

But I can also say that Ben Affleck was the absolute best Batman since Michael Keaton, but by only a slim margin.

But here, I can absolutely say Henry Cavill was a 10/10 casting for Superman and surpassed Christopher Reeve in both physicality and acting. He absolutely was born for the role, and at the same time isn't typecasted and his superior acting ability has landed him in many other roles he's just as good in. He is one of the very few actors I'd pay for a ticket without knowing anything about the movie.
Craig>Brosnan
Bale>affleck
Don't really care about superman

The Kingdom Comes Supes I posted earlier is the most legit Bad-Ass Supes In comics I've seen from the looks of him I don't think even Batman with prep-time would want to f**k with him.

BTW would this story make for a great movie(s)?

Reeve better Clark, Cavill better Superman.

Reeve all day. My childhood hero.

The effects have aged, as expected for a movie made in the 70's. But this is still the most iconic Superman moment of all time for me. When he catches the helicopter and the theme song comes in.....god damn. I wore out the VHS tape rewinding that scene over and over.

[Youtube]

This New guy from series with kids and stuff.
Superman-Lois-Episode-1.06-Photos.jpg

{<jimmies}

Christopher Reeve as Superman is just too iconic for me.

Which is your favourite “fan expo” comic con type experience? Do you have any other stories? I enjoyed this one

I have only ever gone to Dragon*Con. Since I don’t live in the US, going to any con involves planning an international trip, so I have to go to one that is big enough to be worth my time, but not so big that attending will be too problematic.

Dragon*Con fits my criteria. I've been able to go in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2017 and 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back