Who Is The Best Striker Aldo Has Faced So Far In His Career?

Fosheez**

Green Belt
Reaction score
We all know Conor is the best stand-up fighter Aldo will face. But who was the best striker Aldo has fought so far?

Edgar. And that won't change after he faces Conor!

Lamas has some scary strikes

tumblr_mj3z83hCbZ1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

1.gif

317.gif

lamaskoch.gif

Probably an unpopular opinion but Mendes

^^^^^

The thing is, even though Lamas beat Bermudez, I think Bermudez would beat Conor, whereas, I don't think Lamas can hang with Conor.

He wasn't as polished back when they fought but it could very well be Cub. Everyone's always saying how intelligent D Cruz is but no one mentions how similar Cub (and Condit) are to using that style. I love it and think it's a thing of beauty. What did Cub call it way back? Beautiful destruction or something?

Mendes. He's improved leaps and bounds, but people here just want to hate on fighters.

Edgar, Lamas, Hominick and Mendez 2.0 are all great strikers. TKZ was really crisp in their fight too.

Aldo has taken on many types of fighters. Quite honestly, he's the guy I consider may be higher than Fedor on the P4P list.

Edgar and Mendes off a solid striking style to compliment a strong Wrestling pedigree, in fact Aldo has made a career off of wrestlers with mediocre striking, this is why Conor is such a good match up because he's more dangerous on the feet then anybody Aldo has faced.

To answer this question, People forget Mark Hominick, probably the best striker he has ever faced, and was one of the first to give Aldo some problems.

would either be Edgar or Mendes which is kinda ironic considering both are wrestlers

Aldo has taken on many types of fighters. Quite honestly, he's the guy I consider may be higher than Fedor on the P4P list.

I'd agree but he cuts a lot of weight and dwarfs a lot of his opponents where Fedor was the smaller guy is almost all his fights.

It's funny but looking at McG's fight record, none of the killers than Aldo has faced appear on McG's record.

Hominick was a great striker, but his coaching passing away, getting married and fight mileage really caused a quick exit.

Lamas, probably.

Mendes is a great "striker" but a lot of it has to do with his ridiculous speed and takedown threat.

Mendes and Edgar are both pretty good strikers. I'd probably go with Mendes though. He has more power than Frankie.

Hominick was the most technical but Mendes was probably the most dangerous considering his power and looming TD threat.

Edgar and Mendes off a solid striking style to compliment a strong Wrestling pedigree, in fact Aldo has made a career off of wrestlers with mediocre striking, this is why Conor is such a good match up because he's more dangerous on the feet then anybody Aldo has faced.

To answer this question, People forget Mark Hominick, probably the best striker he has ever faced, and was one of the first to give Aldo some problems.

Mediocre striking? lol.

Hilarious.

Back