Who is the best fighter in the UFC that has never had a title shot?

If Overeem doesn't count because he blew his opportunity, i'd have to go with Korean Zombie.

not top 10

try again

So the rules are you just deny that any fighter he's beat are in the top ten. Had the decision gone to Bisping against Chael (which it very well could have) you'd probablybe telling us that Sonnen isn't top ten either.

Hendricks is the man, he is on a big winning streak, with 2 really quick wins against top guys... he deserves it a lot...

Jim Miller.
I think he would have gotten a shot had it not been for all of the rematches.

This thread actually turned into a debate of whether or not Stann was in the top10 when Bisping beat him to use that as a means to declare Bisping the best fighter in the UFC to never get a title shot. So, the claim is essentially that being 1-4 against top competition earns the title "best to never get a title shot"? Wow. Just wow.

Last edited:
I'm going to go with Chris Lytle.. even though his koscheck loss took him out of contendership he was still my fav. fighter to watch

Right now I'd have to say Johnny Hendricks. He has the best resume of name fighters he's beat, and theres no way Diaz should get a title shot after a loss over him.

This is a good question. It all depends. I mean you got New talent in the UFC.

Overeem
Rory Mcdonald
Michael Macdonald
Pettis
Gus
Lombard
Hendricks
Barboza
Diaz

Then I guess You got the guys who are always top ten but cant quit get that shot.

Bisping
Guida
Cro Cop
Joe Lauzon

On top of that you got Fighters That havent even stepped into the Octagon yet.

Rockhold
Chandler
Alvarez
Mousasi
Jacare
Melendez
Cormier
This list is pretty big so im gonna stop there

So I guess the best fighter to never get a title shot I'm gonna say

Melendez

P.S. I hope we are taking about UFC title shots. Otherwise my post is a waste.

Right now I'd have to say Johnny Hendricks. He has the best resume of name fighters he's beat, and theres no way Diaz should get a title shot after a loss over him.

Korean zombie beat a guy that had a title shot the previous fight in like 9 seconds.

Overeem or does he count?

Well he DID have a title shot, but we know what happened to that.

Arguably would have to be Hendricks right now considering his rankings and the fact that he's been passed over. I'm not a fan of his but on paper he's undeniably the top contender at WW.

IMO Ellenberger at WW is the better fighter and was on route to get a title shot, though either of these guys will likely get depending on who wins their fight.

Pettis is an honorable mention considering he came off of a win of the current LW champ.

No one else really comes to mind.

I just don't vote for Hendricks because of his razor-thin decisions against Koscheck and Pierce. Those fights proved that when Hendricks can't land that big left hand, he is not the best fighter around the globe...

Back