Because its kinda a mess right now

Hurd losing to williams
Charlo losing to harrison
Lara falling off (thank god)
Munguia who I am not sure is any good or not
Kell Brook who appears to be shot
And Lubin who is beating up bums trying to erase the Charlo ko

Soro will clean it up by end of 2020.

I think Williams is the best, despite being wrecked by the other Charlo.

All of them are flawed tho, so there isn't much separating them.

Its Spences division when hes ready for it.

This. As for the rest of the bunch I still think a focused Hurd should dominate, but let's see how he bounces back first.

Soro will clean it up by end of 2020.

Saw him at the beach last week. Very cool and friendly fellow. Fucking jacked even when he's not preparing for a fight. He could make (sort of) a money fight against another French dude Cédric Vitu, then he'd take on Lara (whom he respects a lot, even if he's well aware his legs are gone).

That's a waste of time.

He has multiple options for massive fights at 147 and he looks like these guy's uncle when he fights them.....might as well go to the big big leagues at middleweight

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly. 154 is a koala bear

154 feels like a wide open division, no one really that great.

I lean slightly toward Charlo as being the best at 154. Spanked Lublin and sent him to bed hungry. I though he edged Harrison in their fight.

Gonna say Jermell after the way Hurd lost to Williams. We’ll see if it was an off night for Hurd.

That's a waste of time.

He has multiple options for massive fights at 147 and he looks like these guy's uncle when he fights them.....might as well go to the big big leagues at middleweight

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly. 154 is a koala bear
I can’t see him staying at 147 for much longer, he’s too big. There’s plenty of good fights for him at 154. No sense in jumping all the way up to 160 unless he can secure a big money fight there.

I can’t see him staying at 147 for much longer, he’s too big. There’s plenty of good fights for him at 154. No sense in jumping all the way up to 160 unless he can secure a big money fight there.
Logical/practical terms, you're right...

And the way Spence talks, he wants to be undisputed at 147 before moving up

I just think 154 is a wasteland....Munguia or whatever his name is probably going to 160 from what i hear/read, so there's the most intriguing opponent at 154 imo already unavailable

Spence has a few good years left, but now is the time to make moves....getting this WBC strap from Porter is a good step, but it all usually gets jeopardized by these stupid mandatory's....hopefully we get a true welterweight unification in 2020, not holding my breath though

I wish welterweight was as open as lightweight....135 is THE division that's still great, you can't hide at lightweight

Logical/practical terms, you're right...

And the way Spence talks, he wants to be undisputed at 147 before moving up

I just think 154 is a wasteland....Munguia or whatever his name is probably going to 160 from what i hear/read, so there's the most intriguing opponent at 154 imo already unavailable

Spence has a few good years left, but now is the time to make moves....getting this WBC strap from Porter is a good step, but it all usually gets jeopardized by these stupid mandatory's....hopefully we get a true welterweight unification in 2020, not holding my breath though

I wish welterweight was as open as lightweight....135 is THE division that's still great, you can't hide at lightweight
I think seeing an IBF/WBC/WBA unification is probable for Spence since all those belt holders are under the pbc banner. Realistically the fight with Crawford isn’t going to happen, I just don’t see Spence waiting around for 5 years for Arum to croak. He’ll probably go up to 154 grab a belt or two then push for a Canelo fight.

I think seeing an IBF/WBC/WBA unification is probable for Spence since all those belt holders are under the pbc banner. Realistically the fight with Crawford isn’t going to happen, I just don’t see Spence waiting around for 5 years for Arum to croak. He’ll probably go up to 154 grab a belt or two then push for a Canelo fight.
Yeah i don't know what the deal with Arum or Hamon are....sometimes Bob makes it sound like he's been in contact, sometimes Bob says PBC is ducking his guy, sometimes it seems like he's just blowing smoke for the sake of stirring shit

And meanwhile....who the fuck is Al Hamon again? I've never heard him speak....

So....yeah. I'd probably have to agree with your post here, it is an easier path at this point and Canelo vs Spence would be a huge money fight to cash out on....way more money than Crawford even though Crawford would be bigger in the world of boxing, undisputed champ at 147 vs WBC Emerald fake shit against Canelo

Crawford i think has much less time at the top, he should be the one offering the farm to unify the division....but then that'd leave Top Rank with absolutely NOTHING at 147 and welterweight is one of the 4 biggest money divisions along with Lightweight, Middle and Heavy....and TR has complete garbage for heavyweight and middleweight as is

Arum probably knows Spence would bulldoze Crawford...although p4p Crawford is better, Spence would uncle him head to head imo

Who cares.. it's the weakest division in boxing no one gives a fuck about it because it's a pass the parcel bum division

Back