Who is the best at, or what is the best MMA style combo attacks

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
In the history of MMA, who has been the best at throwing the mma style combo in an mma match? What has been the best mma combo so far? What I mean by MMA combo is a combo attack in an mma match that can be a combination of punches, kicks, clinch, takedown, positioning, and submission attempt. It can be in any order, and can by any number of techniques, or it can even be just one technique in succession.

Jab->Overhand Right->Double Leg Drive to the wall->Single Leg Finish to Half Guard->Full Mount->Just Bleed

Feign right cross ---> power double ---> lay on the guy for 4 minutes

The best recent example was Matt Brown against Silva. Overall probably GSP. He mixed strikes and takedowns the best IMO.

GSP obviously comes to mind but I think Frankie Edgar and Mighty Mouse have the best blend of striking to takedown combos. GSP's stand up didn't have that much variety where as Edgar and Johnson have very good striking combos. And although wild with his striking I'd say Khabib Nurmagomedov has a really effective blend of striking and wrestling.

Edgar's right to the body, left to the head, knee tap combination is probably the smartest one I've seen.

Aldo's left body hook, right low kick.

Velasquez, Fedor, Sonnen, every amateur wrestler at every amateur MMA event I've ever been to's overhand to double leg.

Henderson's inside leg kick, H bomb.

Leg drag pass, diving right hand (as seen most recently in Brown vs Silva).

Straight right to the body, overhand right up top (JDS, Cub, Edgar, etc.)

I mean the answers are endless.

Velasquez is tremendous at making his opponents guess (in every aspect of the sport). He made JDS look like he never fought MMA before for 10 rounds.

GSP is also stellar at MMA set ups. But like "a guy" said, there are a million examples of good MMA combos.

I think Remigijus Morkevicius had some of the sharpest striking I've seen in MMA.

I should have been more specific. I am looking for more than two technique combo. I want something that looks like it could be used in a console fighting game. Any of the D-lvl athletes been able to pull a three tech combo off yet? Any of the fighters have their own special super move LOL? Which MMA fighter do you think makes the best guest appearance in one of the major fighting game franchises?

Back