Who is the 40-something GOAT based ONLY on fights during their 40s? (MMAJunkie just stole this idea)

Severyn IMO, obviously level of competition is a big factor in this but the man had 60+ WINS after turning 40......

Trt doesnt count. Every 40 yr old would do that if they were allowed

Except hendo was off trt since he was 43 but you knew that right ?

Randy Couture won HW belt after 40, he has to be in the conversation. He was 40 in June 2003, had wins over prime Liddell, Ortiz, Belfort, HW champion with win or Sylvia, Gonzaga, Vera, and Coleman, all after hitting 40! Plus he dated hot chicks 10-15 years younger than him. Not bad for an old man!:cool:

Last edited:
It shows that some people sadly forgot about Randy Couture and his greatness.

Bullshit.
C6zs-thVsAA8Ptq-613x462.jpg
Lol are u being sarcastic?

Except hendo was off trt since he was 43 but you knew that right ?
Who cares? If he hadn't used it at all he would have retired long before 43. His longevity is directly tied to his try usage. Why else would he take it? Duh?

Same with vitor,who ridic overabused it and looked like ASS without it. Like a deflated baloon

seriously
how is severn not getting any love here
the man fought and won into his 50's
was like 25-5 in his 40's

All respect to Severn but I'm sure those 25 wins were against bums

Hmmmm, I wonder what Henderson and Couture had in common that allowed them to be competitive/top 5 well into there 40s.

Great work ethic.

;)

Couture won the HW belt around 43-44 and defended it once. He also beat two much larger guys (Sylvia and Gonzaga). In order, the Top 3 are

Couture
Hendo
DC/Romero (toss-up)

All from elite wrestling backgrounds, though Romero/Hendo pretty much stopped wrestling in their later years.

Last edited:
Trt doesnt count. Any 40 yr old would fight like they were 25 if they were allowed to take it

No they wouldn't. Others tried both TRT and many other substances without Hendo's success. Rampage was on TRT in his mid-30s and it didn't help him.

hendo
randy
fedor
mirko
glover
Arlovski

Fedor has only beaten other guys his age. The others don't belong either besides Hendo, Randy and now Glover. They actually beat Top 5-10 guys who were much younger.

Severyn IMO, obviously level of competition is a big factor in this but the man had 60+ WINS after turning 40......

I'm a fan since the UFC's beginning, so I have a soft spot for early UFC guys like Severn. But the guys he beat at county fair type fights hardly count. He did beat a young, green Forrest Griffin (Dan basically laid on him & had a big size advantage), Wes Sims (in Sims' MMA debut), Travis Fulton (another guy who beat like 200 people at county fairs) and a few other semi-known names after 40...but no one who was elite at the time.

PED Henderson doesn't count. Imagine if Yoel was allowed to get on "TRT". Lmao at anybody thinking PED just got the same test levels he had when he was younger. Guy went from losing to Misaki to KOing all of Prides top guys as soon as he got on the juice. Which is why it got banned. Ultimate steroid cheat. And people talk shit about Belfort just because PED Henderson has a terrible body in comparison. Look at all TRT careers after that trash got banned. Losses and retirement everywhere.

I feel like you're making a really good point here, but that I'm too tired after a long day of work to understand it....
I just mashed up one of Mike Goldberg's gems to mess with you.

Back