Who is the 40-something GOAT based ONLY on fights during their 40s? (MMAJunkie just stole this idea)

I think Ken Shamrock, The World’s Most Dangerous Man, is the GOAT of the senior division.

The best 40 something fighter should resemble a 40 something randy couture of the 50 something crowd, or 10 years older than a 30 year old randy couture of the 40 something crowd.
I feel like you're making a really good point here, but that I'm too tired after a long day of work to understand it....

That story had its conclusion.
giphy.gif
Forgot the second fight even happened. That finish is absolutely epic.
And Hendo looks like a WW.

Dan Henderson won the strikeforce LHW title, Fight of the Year vs Shogun and should have been the MW champ if it were not for Bispings hometown decision.

And the first man to knock out Fedor
No doubt about it

edit - forgot about Randy. Real tough call between the 2

The idea for this thread was based on a comment in another thread regarding Glover Texiera.

Fights before their 40th birthday do not count.

Anderson Silva is clearly not the GOAT. He is 1-6 during his 40s. Yoel Romero is 1-5.

Meanwhile Glover is 2-0 with two finishes against top ranked opposition.

Who you got?
Here is a potential for more awesome threads:
GOAT for fighters who LOOKED over 40 (my vote for Nog, not sure which one, am confused)
GOAT for fighters below 25 (Jon Jones my vote)
GOAT for fighters based only on their Tuesday's fights (am still researching this one)

:)

My vote is for Hendo btw, Randy close second

Daniel Cormier. 0-2 vs Stipe, but gave him all he could handle. I don't think any other 40+ year old in the history of the sport could measure up to Stipe.

Handsome Handy doing the handy in this thread
Tug on big man

Back