Who is Ronda ducking? Who is the UFC protecting her from?

Legit weight issue? If I wanted to fight someone 10 lbs would never ever be an issue. Ive never fought someone my size... The weight is an excuse because her handlers dont believe in her.

I think it's arguable that Cyborg has faced just as tough competition as Ronda, and taken most of them out in a more impressive fashion.

I could argue that the sun is ice cold and causes darkness. That doesn't make my claim correct.

Legit weight issue? If I wanted to fight someone 10 lbs would never ever be an issue. Ive never fought someone my size... The weight is an excuse because her handlers dont believe in her.

Cyborg weighs 175

Someone said.Ronda cuts from 152 (not sure how true it. Is) but thats more then ten pounds

Some girl who can't finish Takanashi.. even with steroids apparently

It may always be thin. 135ers are walking around at around 160 - 165 lbs of muscle. There are not a lot of women that size. Smaller population less talent.

115 will be the deepest division. 125-140 is a very realistic walk around weight for most women.

Ronda walks at 152 I think. Could probably make 125.

If someone can maintain distance, that's their best chance to beat Ron. Easier said than done though, obviously.

Or if you have Cyborg power.

Cyborg has no power.. stop deluding yourself.. he tko wins are exactly like Bethe's tko wins..

Ronda has left 2 girls unconscious.. something that cyborg couldn't do once in her life

Cyborg weighs 175

Someone said.Ronda cuts from 152 (not sure how true it. Is) but thats more then ten pounds

It was proven on TUF. She was walking around on the show at 152 .. cut to 135 in 24 hours, with no notice, while training her fighters, and winning the coaches challenge.

She told them MMA is about being mentally strong, and did the cut to prove a point.

I think it's arguable that Cyborg has faced just as tough competition as Ronda, and taken most of them out in a more impressive fashion.

Please stop it.. Cyborg has taken out nowhere near the competition Rnda has. Her best win is coenen.. Who lost to Miesha. Other than that none of the women she has beaten are in the top ten or anywhere hear the top of the womans divisions. Hey last 3 fights have been absolute nobodies and thats saying a lot.

The fools in these threads would actually have to know a little something about MMA to know this, though. Stop shitting on their parade.

Hahaha so true... We get it the womans divisions arent strong but how they crap on Ronda is just oure stupidness. She an amazing athlete and fighter. Ps im no fan of womans fighting but Ronda is a beast

Ronda is running a 135 division. Cyborg is running a 145 division. Both of them should continue to do that. Is normal. Going up weight for a fight is fine, but it's respectful to make a proper fight of it by taking the time to prepare for one's best at the different weight. But that would leave Ronda taking time going away and then coming back to 135. She still has responsibilities at 135, until she feels ready to leave the game. Hence, you see Ronda saying she will make Cyborg her last fight. Her responsibility as champ at 135 is her priority. Perfectly reasonable.

This idea which has become extremely parroted on Sherdog isn't actually based on anything but theory though. Currently BW has more fighters worldwide than SW.

It might be true that more athletic women in general would be suited to fight at 115, but based on evidence so far more women suited to fight at 135 are attracted to MMA which is the only 'talent pool' that actually matters. Kind of like how average men wouldn't be 190-200 lbs lean and ripped in shape yet WW is one of the deepest men's divisions, if you went by the same theory for men FW should be the deepest division since the average man would be closer to 160-170 lbs in shape (granted FW is pretty deep, but maybe the analogy would be WBW=WW, WSW=FW, and WFLW=LW).

There are also more fighters at 125 than 135 or 115 so maybe that's the actual 'ideal' division to become the deepest.

This distribution of fighters per mens division is a bell curve. The bulk of the fighters are average sized men 5'8" to 6'2" 170 to 200 lbs in shape.

Flyweight 37
Bantamweight 58
Featherweight 70
Lightweight 114
Welterweight 118
Middleweight 72
Light Heavy 38
Heavyweight 37

Women's BW has more fighters world wide today because 135 and 145 were the only divisions that existed in major orgs for the past 8 years (starting with Carano's EliteXC debut in '07 as I recall). Given a long term, large platform Straw weight will draw in more talent. Bear in mind, back in '06 LW was smaller than HW, it just didn't last long that way.

Ronda isn't ducking. UFC is protecting. UFC didn't want to do what was necessary to get world class athletes into WMMA - women like Icho Kaori.

Sara McMann has beat Kaori Icho before. She almost beat Icho at the Athens game. Leading 2-0 at one point. The score was tied 2-2 with 20 seconds to go. That is how close they were matched up. Ronda destroyed McMann in 66 seconds.

It is a falsehood that Ronda is beating up weaklings. She is beating the best of the best.

Link : http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/22/5433848/ufc-170-factgrinder-the-wrestling-career-of-sara-mcmann

Last edited:
It was proven on TUF. She was walking around on the show at 152 .. cut to 135 in 24 hours, with no notice, while training her fighters, and winning the coaches challenge.

She told them MMA is about being mentally strong, and did the cut to prove a point.

I just didn't have a source so I didn't want people to jump on me for making claims without anything to back it up

Only if you are severely biased towards striking.

...as is much of Sherdog.

Also Ronda's 5 best wins (Tate, Zingano, McMann, Davis, Kaufman) are as of similar quality to Cyborg's 1 best win (Coenen). Gina really doesn't have a resume.

Yup. Came to say this. Tate also beat Coenen faster than Cyborg oddly enough >.>

I really don't think that they're keeping anyone from her... I think we're probably getting to the point where most girls don't even want to fight her.

Also, she already fought the best wrestlers in the division (Kaufman, Tate, and Mcmann) and finished all of them.

Back