Who is Murphy (Shev’s next opponent) and is she any good?

She's a veteran with some good wins. I believe she has the longest winning streak out of all of Shevchenko's title defenses. She has nothing for her but no one in that division does.

with that face I would have never guessed....
10652-1572254328.jpg
Ikr? She looks like a current crackhead.

Valentina has no real contenders in her division anymore. In fact I'd say the skill level in WMMA is the lowest its ever been as the girls spend more time making Instagram and Onlyfans content as opposed to actually training. Jessica Eye was the closest thing we had to a real contender and after she lost to Valentina she has been losing a lot. New girls are afraid of the 125 pound division and are choosing the 115, and 135 more often. WMMA is in a bad, bad spot right now. Only bright spot non champion is the Brazilian ace ji jitsu Mom with the fine booty.

Strawweight is as stacked as it's ever been. The skill level in wmma is higher than it's ever been. We just have extremely high level well rounded champs now. Remember the days when no one was as good as Joanna at striking? Remember when a Judo practioner with poor striking was dominating the sport because her opponents kept clinching with her?

Everything about her screams drug addict. She's also a sub-par fighter, in the worst division in the sport.

She won a total robbery over Andrea Lee, and was dead even with Calderwood.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/10870/Lauren-Murphy-vs-Andrea-Lee
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/11978/Lauren-Murphy-vs-Joanne-Calderwood

She's a plodding fighter with average standup and an above average gas tank. It is hard to imagine this fight being competitive at all.

Is that any different from any of Shev's previous opponents? Lauren Murphy actually has the longest UFC win streak out of anyone Shev has fought. She's earned this.

Is that any different from any of Shev's previous opponents? Lauren Murphy actually has the longest UFC win streak out of anyone Shev has fought. She's earned this.
You're not wrong. The division sucks. The only interesting fights right now for Valentina at 125 are Suarez and Fiorot. Would be interesting if Rose or Weili moved up.

Murphy grew up in a small town in Alaska. Her father was killed in a plane crash when she was 11, causing issues that led to drinking, using drugs and dropping out of high school.Murphy said about starting martial arts: "I took my son to a Jiu Jitsu class in late 2009, and I took the class with him to encourage him. I fell in love with it and started going all the time. I began training MMA about 3 months later, and took my first pro fight 3 months after that. I did not have any amateur fights." She attended nursing school but dropped out to pursue a career in mixed martial arts.

I like Lauren Murphy but she isn’t that good. She is going get run over. But she is very nice lady I guess
pretty sure Court McGee also overcame some sort of drug addiction. good to see people that make it through that

Was there ever a champ with that was not only the best technician im the division but also had retard strength (clinch+ grappling wise)?

pretty sure Court McGee also overcame some sort of drug addiction. good to see people that make it through that
All the people trashing her previous drug use and appearance are the trash. Celebrate people getting away from addiction and changing their lives. Same with the newcomer Terrance McKinney. The looks thing will probably never disappear from Sherdog sadly as apparently all of them are 11/10s and only bang 12/10s.

I just realized that there’s lots of crackheads/former crackheads in WMMA, interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back