Who is more skilled in their respective martial art base, Holly(boxing) or Ronda(Judo)?

Who is more skilled fighter in their respective martial art base, Ronda(Judo) or Holly(Boxing)?

• Total voters
Who the fuck does Judo? Seriously?

Boxing has way more talent and competitors than Judo. Holly was the champion of a deeper talent pool in boxing, Ronda wasn't even the best at Judo.

Holly Bless
In all fairness Ronda was pretty great at Judo, didn't have many competitive losses.

But I agree that Boxing is the more honed sport.

Judo is good because it translates into BJJ pretty well, but you don't stand a chance from distance.

I went with Holm, simply because Holm's boxing appeared to be so much more effective than Ronda's Judo when they tested their skills against each other.

I guess it dpends how deep the talent pool is in each respective sport. Holly is more accomplished IMO because she has better accolades in boxing than Ronda's non gold medal, but I could see the talent pool in women's boxing being vastly inferior to women's judo.

Its the other way around. Women's boxing has better athletes. Holly is much more athletically gifted than Ronda,

How is a 3rd place in Olympics better than multiple world titles in boxing?
Ronda never was the best in her sport why do people act as if she was.

Who is more skilled in their respective martial art base?
Holm is a multiple-time champion in women's boxing.
Rouse is a bronze medalist in women's judo.
Therefore, I have to say Holm is more skilled / accomplished in her respective sport.

If there question had been, "whose skill translated better into women's MMA?" then I have to say Rousey's skill translated better into WMMA.

The reason is not because Rousey is more skillful, but I think it's because women MMA fighters don't have KO power like the men (except Cris Cyborg), so someone with a strong grappling background can neutralize and dominate most female fighters' striking.

Rondas grappling is better than Holm's boxing.

VTx0d0M.jpg

This guy did Judo.

His boss also;

article-0-03B4671B0000044D-843_306x423.jpg

Do we have actual numbers for how large the talent pool is in each sport? I know women's judo is huge in comparison to other grappling styles (wrestling, bjj, etc.) but I have no idea how it compares to boxing?

More skilled =/= more decorated.

The answer is Ronda Rousey. She went to the highest level of her sport and was in the top 3 in the world.

Holm was a multiple time boxing world champion in a bunch of made up orgs fighting against dinner ladies and soccer mums.

Women's boxing is a joke. Let's not let our hate of Chubbs cloud our judgement here.

Chubbs sounds kinda judgey .... Husky on the other hand is a good middle ground....

Holly was a world champ in boxing. Ronda was 4th best in Judo.

Holly

Holly got out-boxed by a shorter, smaller, Muay Thai kickboxer. Holly's boxing is overrated.

Way more women and girls train in Judo, world-wide than women's boxing. I don't know the exact figure, but it must be something like 1000:1.

Judo is probably the most legit female MA in terms of talent pool.

1. You don't get hit. That alone should make it more popular with women than all the striking arts, especially a punch-you-in-the-face-at-full-power sport like boxing.
2. It's an olympic sport, making it more popular than all the non-olympic grappling arts like BJJ.
3. You don't develop cauliflowers, giving judo the clear edge over wrestling.

Judo has the deepest female talent pool of all MA's.

Ronda's downfall was due to her excessive use of her boxing skills, clearly hyped after beating Correia.

Back