Who is more skilled in their respective martial art base, Holly(boxing) or Ronda(Judo)?

Who is more skilled fighter in their respective martial art base, Ronda(Judo) or Holly(Boxing)?

• Total voters
FzDO56R.gif

Explain this.

Ronda fought like an idiot - ran into several counter lefts and until she was so wobbly that Holly was able to land the big boot to the head.

Doesn't make Holly's performances anywhere near the equal of Ronda's overall. Yes, she straight murdered Ronda in a one-sided beatdown. Outside of that she has 2 wins (1 a split decision)_and 2 losses. Explain how the lady with ZERO title defenses is doing better than the lady with SIX?

No one cares about Judo. It's a joke of a martial art, on the same tier as TKD.

Holly Holm is one of, if not the greatest, female boxer ever you goof. Ronda couldn't even win gold at her own sport. LoL.
I don't know why you're so offended by this comparison. I don't really care for judo, but after watching both it's obvious that the level of athlete in Olympic female judo is higher than in female pro boxing.

World Championships Silver and Olympic Bronze > Ducking Cecilia Brækhus

Last edited:
I voted Rousey but she still hasn't faced any body who's actually qualified to test her judo like Shev was able to test Holms boxing.

That's probably true, but I thought Holly did a fantastic job stopping the hip-based takedowns and defending her arm in her match with Ronda. Ronda struggled to get her down even 1 time and when she did she accomplished nothing at all.

No one gives a shit about Olympians and if they did, they only care every four years.

Ronda didn't even win gold or silver or an official bronze, she got the equivalent of a participation medal.

If for some god awful reason there exists a person that follows the sport of womans Judo, they can only Ronda as a good judoka, cuz she's the only famous one.

In womans boxing, anyone can spout off 5 names as greats, Holly Holm, Cecilia brakhus, Lucia Rijiker, ann wolfe, christy martin, mary jo sanders and the overrated lailia ali. Some of these Holly has already beaten.

Name 3 Judokas with a wiki page, pretty much like finding a four leaf clover.

mj-laughing.gif

No one cares about Judo. It's a joke of a martial art, on the same tier as TKD.

Holly Holm is one of, if not the greatest, female boxer ever you goof. Ronda couldn't even win gold at her own sport. LoL.
Obvious troll is obvious.

No one gives a shit about Olympians and if they did, they only care every four years.

Ronda didn't even win gold or silver or an official bronze, she got the equivalent of a participation medal.

If for some god awful reason there exists a person that follows the sport of womans Judo, they can only Ronda as a good judoka, cuz she's the only famous one.

In womans boxing, anyone can spout off 5 names as greats, Holly Holm, Cecilia brakhus, Lucia Rijiker, ann wolfe, christy martin, mary jo sanders and the overrated lailia ali. Some of these Holly has already beaten.

Name 3 Judokas with a wiki page, pretty much like finding a four leaf clover.
Doesn't change the fact that there are many times as many girls doing Judo than Boxing.
I know a female Boxrec top 20 boxer who took up Boxing as an adult that would never fly in Judo. You wouldn't get past regional level Judo in any decent Judo nation.

Fame != talent pool.

If you answer the question that was asked "in their respective martial arts base" it has to be holly. Holly was in fact the best at her base boxing she has world titles to prove it as well as ring magazine recognition for being the best female boxer.

If you change the question to their being used in mma, the answer has to be Ronda. Even though Holly crushed her, Rhonda at this point has done more. Holly won and lost one belt. ROnda won a belt in strike force and in the fix and defended several times.

In their sports, it is definitely Holly. It is not even close. Holly was a multiple worldchampion, and was the female no1 p4p boxer for a long time.

Ronda never won gold when it really mattered. Holly did many times.

In MMA, Judo is for the most a better skill than boxing.

Women's boxing sucks. I admit to not knowing that much about women's judo, but it can't be as weak as boxing.

The answer is Ronda Rousey. She went to the highest level of her sport and was in the top 3 in the world.

Holm was a multiple time boxing world champion in a bunch of made up orgs fighting against dinner ladies and soccer mums.

Women's boxing is a joke. Let's not let our hate of Chubbs cloud our judgement here.

A lot of people are saying that Holly never boxed in the Olympics. You people are aware that women's boxing wasn't allowed in the Olympics until 2012? It's a big unfair to bash Holly for not fighting in the Olympics when the Olympics didn't even have women's boxing back when she was a boxer.

Difficult to say. I'm guessing that the talent pool in women's boxing is deeper than in judo as I've never met a judo practitioner but lots of boxers. Could be different in different countries though. It was pretty clear though that Ronda's judo was useless against someone of similar size and who trained for judo throws and trips. I can only recall two male high level judo practitioners - Karo and Yoshida and it is pretty obvious that judo isn't the greatest martial art in MMA which says something about the level of skill that Ronda's previous opponents possess.

A lot of people are saying that Holly never boxed in the Olympics. You people are aware that women's boxing wasn't allowed in the Olympics until 2012? It's a big unfair to bash Holly for not fighting in the Olympics when the Olympics didn't even have women's boxing back when she was a boxer.
But it explains why the talent pool in female judo is so much better. Female judo has had more than 2 decades of countries pouring extensive money, resources and athletes into it.

Also, for obvious reasons, judo is a much more appealing hobby for girls than boxing. The number of female judoka in Japan, France and Brazil ALONE is more than all the female boxers in the world.

Who the fuck does Judo? Seriously?

Boxing has way more talent and competitors than Judo. Holly was the champion of a deeper talent pool in boxing, Ronda wasn't even the best at Judo.

Holly Bless

Nobody does Boxing.

Chael Bless.

If you answer the question that was asked "in their respective martial arts base" it has to be holly. Holly was in fact the best at her base boxing she has world titles to prove it as well as ring magazine recognition for being the best female boxer.

If you change the question to their being used in mma, the answer has to be Ronda. Even though Holly crushed her, Rhonda at this point has done more. Holly won and lost one belt. ROnda won a belt in strike force and in the fix and defended several times.
In their sports, it is definitely Holly. It is not even close. Holly was a multiple worldchampion, and was the female no1 p4p boxer for a long time.

Ronda never won gold when it really mattered. Holly did many times.

In MMA, Judo is for the most a better skill than boxing.

I actually disagree with you two.

Holly got outboxed by Muay Thai fighter in Valentino whereas Ronda never got outgrappled, and submitted her opponent as soon as she went to the ground.( Ronda actually finishes her opponent with Judo)

Holly Holm, from Nudges to Knockouts
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/2...ue-judo-chop-boxing-nudges-knockouts-kick-gif

">

Last edited:
it's only surprising to casual noobs who eat up UFC promos about Holly being a wrecking ball boxer. she has NEVER been a boxer puncher; she is the quintessential winklejohn point fighter.
but you're also stupid for saying that being a weak puncher makes her a bad boxer. Floyd Mayweather is not known for his punching power but he's the best boxer of his generation. and you're even stupider for saying holly is a better kickboxer than boxer, since it's obviously not true seeing as how she just got schooled by another kickboxer.
anyway, i would say holly was more skilled in boxing than ronda was in judo since holly actually was for a couple of years considered the best female boxer while ronda was only a bronze level athlete

I actually disagree with you two.

Holly got outboxed by Muay Thai fighter in Valentino whereas Ronda never got outgrappled, and submitted her opponent as soon as she went to the ground.( Ronda actually finishes her opponent with Judo)

Holly Holm, from Nudges to Knockouts
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/2...ue-judo-chop-boxing-nudges-knockouts-kick-gif

oxVhg6a.png
She beat the best boxers in the world at that time. Sure, she was a pointfighter, but boxing is boxing. The only one she didn't fight was Braekhus, and there were only talks of this the last year of her career. holly was even at this time considered no 1 p4p. not Breakus.

Hollys opponents were not good boxers? Well, they are female, and you could say that about all female sports. Female judo is so impressive? Ronda was never even the best in the world. she got a world champion silvermedal and a bronze olympic medal.

I dont see how this can be a discussion. No doubt judo is better for MMA. We have seen several judo champs do very good, but few pure boxers. This was not TS question.

This was ts question:
Who is more skilled fighter in their respective martial art base, Ronda(Judo) or Holly(Boxing)

Back