Who is more skilled: Edgar or RDA?

In terms of pure skillset, I'd say Frankie. But they have so different styles that it makes hard to compare. Frankie would never be able to do to Pettis what RDA did, for example.

Perfect way of putting it. I knew everyone was gonna say Frankie, but I think they're even in terms of overall skill, I just couldn't out my finger on why, but I know they are. The Pettis fight is a huge reason why.

RDA is just as good of a pressure fighter as Frankie is an evading row of fighter.

Are you stuck in 2010-2011? Edgar hasn't been hit hard for years. His defense stats are some of the best in the UFC.
Last time he fought a great fighter in his prime he got lit up like a candle several times(Benson and Aldo). Rda would check that chin too.

Easily RDA.

RDA KO'd Benson and Frankie lost to him twice. Frankie can't even win the belt at 145. Frankie is a point fighter while RDA tries to do damage.

I like Edgar's slick boxing. I am biased because RDA took out my boy Pettis and Bendo. I think Frankie has the edge here.
Would you say that they are still your boys?

Edgar clearly. But he's about 30lbs smaller.

Skill I'd say is about even.
Frankie: Wrestling and boxing
RDA: bjj and muy thai.

Conditioning is about even
Strength is RDA by a good amount

I'd give the edge to RDA in a fight pretty easily.

Edgar clearly. But he's about 30lbs smaller.
I'd say maybe 20 at the most. Edgar has said he's about 160 in prior interviews, and 190 is way past even Tibau territory, so I doubt RDA is any heavier than 175-180 when in shape.

I'd say maybe 20 at the most. Edgar has said he's about 160 in prior interviews, and 190 is way past even Tibau territory, so I doubt RDA is any heavier than 175-180 when in shape.

I meant 20 lol. Yeah. I guessed RDA walks around at like 180 and Edgar is 155ish.

Would you say that they are still your boys?

Sure. When I like a fighter I m not going to go full retard and start talking sh*t about them just because they lose like half of sherdog, lol. I been watching MMA on and off since UFC 1 . I've been mad at some fighters like Anderson Silva back when he was dancing and doing stuff like in the Maia fight but it takes a lot to phase me.

I wanted to make a poll, but I didn't know how to. I want to know who you guys think is the more skilled fighter. I think when you compare them skill for skill that Edgar has the edge. His boxing, his footwork, his striking defence, his wrestling, his work in transitions are all better than RDA's, his top game and BJJ are just as good as RDA's. I think that RDA's only advantage is his kicking game and his power.
Edgar. Better grappling control, better footwork, better boxing.

Frankie is the more complete fighter imo.
RDA is more powerful and larger.

Last time he fought a great fighter in his prime he got lit up like a candle several times(Benson and Aldo). Rda would check that chin too.

Wow, so the former LW champ who defended his title multiple times, and the Greatest Featherweight of all time hit Frankie Edgar hard 4 years ago. So you are in fact living in the past. Thanks for the confirmation.

Back