Who is more deserving of a shot at GSP and who would win Diaz or Hendricks

Andersons Foot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some say Diaz is more deserving because he didn't really lose to Condit. Some say Hendricks because Diaz did lose. So, hypothetically, if GSP were to get injured long term again who would win in a Interim or #1 contender fight, Nick Diaz or Johnny Hendricks? Assuming Hendricks would be pulled from the Ellenberger fight for that.

Some say Diaz is more deserving because he didn't really lose to Condit. Some say Hendricks because Diaz did lose. So, hypothetically, if GSP were to get injured long term again who would win in a Interim or #1 contender fight, Nick Diaz or Johnny Hendricks? Assuming Hendricks would be pulled from the Ellenberger fight for that.

First question is kinda moot, GSP thinks it is Diaz first. Second leaning towards Diaz but anyone of the both can win that one.

Hendricks. Even if accounting for a Diaz "win" over Condit, Hendricks has 2 wins over former title contenders and perennial top 10 fighters (Koscheck, Fitch), and a win over another top 10 in what was supposed to be a title eliminator (Kampmann). He also has an impressive win over the terribly underrated Mike Pierce. If Diaz is a winner over Condit, Hendricks run of 4 wins is more impressive than Diaz's win over Condit, Penn and (I guess) Daley.

I don't believe in "your only as good as your last fight" hendricks had a decision in his last fight, (I thought kos was gonna take the decision but it was close) and diaz had a decision in his last fight (also very close and couild be argued either way) nick diaz has a better streak beyond that so I don't mind nick getting the shot. If they fought eachother I don't know who I'd pick to win .

Hendricks is the answer to both questions.

Exactly Diaz lost to Condit, then got suspended, Hendricks has been Ko'ing top fighters. GSP wants to fight Diaz, not because he's earned it, because theres a grudge there, unfinished business. Personally Hendricks has earned it and has a better shot at winning, neither Diaz brother typically does well versus great wrestlers, this fight would be no different.

I don't believe in "your only as good as your last fight" hendricks had a decision in his last fight, (I thought kos was gonna take the decision but it was close) and diaz had a decision in his last fight (also very close and couild be argued either way) nick diaz has a better streak beyond that so I don't mind nick getting the shot. If they fought eachother I don't know who I'd pick to win .

U do realize hendricks last fight was against Kampmann

Hendricks is more deserving

But he and Nick will both lose

Nick is 5-5 in the UFC

And Hendricks has nothing on the feet but a big right hand and I think he'll get outwrestled

Hendricks no question about it. Nicks competition in Strikeforce was a joke besides maybe Daley who did almost finish Diaz. Then he beat an aging Penn who loses all his WW fights an lost to Condit before quitting and being suspended.

Hendricks has beat nothing but top guys in recent bouts, including two KOs inside the opening minute against two of the hardest guys to finish in the division. And rather than bitching about not getting a title shot he takes a fight against Ellenberger.

I think Hendricks crushes nick

U do realize hendricks last fight was against Kampmann

Oh yeah I didn't see that fight card and forgot all about that fight, hendricks ko' him in round 1 right? Has kampman been ko'd other then that fight?

Hendricks. Even if accounting for a Diaz "win" over Condit, Hendricks has 2 wins over former title contenders and perennial top 10 fighters (Koscheck, Fitch), and a win over another top 10 in what was supposed to be a title eliminator (Kampmann). He also has an impressive win over the terribly underrated Mike Pierce. If Diaz is a winner over Condit, Hendricks run of 4 wins is more impressive than Diaz's win over Condit, Penn and (I guess) Daley.

There was nothing impressive in Hendricks 'win' over either Pierce or Koscheck in my opinion, but he still deserves the title shot over Diaz by a long way.

Hendricks would be more deserving in a perfect world, but not by a huge margin.

Diaz is much more of a threat than Hendricks. Diaz does it all, Hendricks skills, though extraordinary, are much more limited and predictable.

GSP is a master at evading what is strong and striking where the opponent is weak, which is the foundation of ALL good strategies.

nick diaz has a better streak beyond that

Lulz! Even in a recent Sherdog is calling into question the quality of Diaz's "streak."

Tristen Critchfield said:
cotton candy matchmaking that granted title shots to the likes of Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos

Another thing to note, I don't think any of Diaz's "better" WW opponents from Strikeforce are making the move over to UFC except for KJ Noons, who is a LW, who beat Diaz previously.

Last edited:
Irrelevant, Diaz has the next shot. Probably Hendricks is the legit #1 contender but he'll lose to GSP just like Diaz will and Koscheck did twice. Georges will keep him at a distance with his jab, throw in a couple of leg kicks and superman punches and just when Hendricks starts to counter he will take him down. I doubt George can hold him down in the first 2 rounds but just getting taken down will take some steam out of Hendricks punches because he'll change his stance. He'll start to gas in the 3rd because of GSP's pace and then won't be able to get back up after being taken down. GSP will either cut him with elbows or stay in top control until the end of the fight.

What the fuck!?! I called the fight already! Dude, I need another beer.

Obviously Hendricks deserves the shot.

Neither win against him. I guess Nick has a slightly better chance

This thread/discussion has been done to death, and was probably only started to create a shitstorm once again. Unless there was some new development, which there hasn't been, this can be put to bed.

Diaz gets it on marketing. That's it. He's famous, infamous, has crazy fans, does silly things like leaving through his back window.

He's not more deserving, he's not more likely to win, but his ppv fight will sell better. And GSP gets an easier win, more money and gets to embarrass a loud mouth. IMO

Back