Who is Messi of MMA?

Zlatan=Zlatan

YqRvZz.gif

If you could really care i have my training logs posted on this site. Really not a stretch of the imagination that a frequent long term poster on an mma board has tried his hand at it.

And i read that explanation and it was shitty.

With these two factors combined i have lost all interest in your opinion.

So you played soccer and trained in MMA (or boxing) and your conclusion is that soccer is more difficult?

So you played soccer and trained in MMA (or boxing) and your conclusion is that soccer is more difficult?

More difficult to be in say the top 50 hell yes.
Top 3, top 100 top 1000 pick any number.

That said i am a vastly better at mma than soccer.

More difficult to be in say the top 50 hell yes.
Top 3, top 100 top 1000 pick any number.

I don't know if this qualifies as an argument, looking at the number of boys / men who play soccer.

That said i am a vastly better at mma than soccer.

Fair enough. If you tried your hand at both, I can take you serious.

Though I'd still like to see in person if you're really better at MMA than you are at soccer - we're talking here about boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ combined.

I don't know if this qualifies as an argument, looking at the number of boys / men who play soccer.

Fair enough. If you tried your hand at both, I can take you serious.

Though I'd still like to see in person if you're really better at MMA than you are at soccer - we're talking here about boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ combined.

I recall a time at a bucks party weekend someone brought out a soccer ball and we were trying to kick it and hit a sign with it.

I had a go and missed by about 60 degress.

I never had accuracy but I could kick a ball really far.

And I know its not a concise argument but I can't think of a way to prove it one way or the other.

Gunna need some backstory on that chief.

The guy who got kicked in the head is Antonio Cassano (lazy but very talented player; one funny character, who likes to have fun and doesn't follow the rules).
He clicked very well with Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the field, and they still maintain a friendship outside.
They were playing for AC Milan, who had just won the Italian league.

During the interview, minutes after the title-winning game, Cassano was talking about being the "funny troublemaker" in the dressing room.
Zlatan version: teammates who were celebrating asked him to use "those martial arts skills" to make some kind of joke.
Ibra miscalculated range and power, while Cassano didn't realize immediately.
Journalist: "That was Ibrahimovic's Taekwondo kick..."
Cassano, upset but still in good spirits: "No, that was a dickhead, he already hurt me here, now here!"
All of this on national television.
Ibra recalls Cassano walking with ice on his head later that night, but happy anyway.

Fedor is Maradona(He's better than Pele)

Anderson Silva is Pele

Does he make anywhere close to what the NO.1 MURICAN pro athlete makes? And if he doesn't, why? According to you he's so goddamned popular.
Well, let's put it like this. American sports aren't watched anywhere near as much as Football are they? American Football doesn't have a world cup does it? Basketball FIBA championships don't have anywhere near as many viewers as the FIFA world cup does it?

You have players who aren't even in the top 20 in the world making £300k a week, do the math.

Messi is a bigger star than any American athlete, and he makes more money than any American athlete other than Floyd Mayweather who in all fairness isn't in the same league as Lionel Messi in terms of popularity.

You walk down the streets of Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, France, Russia, China, Japan - almost any country in the world other than the USA and Lionel Messi will get swamped by fans left, right and center. Floyd Mayweather walked down Carnaby Street in London and barely got stopped.

LeBron is the closest to Messi in terms of money after his billion dollar sneaker renewal with Nike where he's with them for life. Very sure if Messi signed a life-time deal he would get paid a whole lot more. Difference is Basketball shoes are wearable on a street or at a party, and not with studs on the bottom lol. Messi doesn't have his own clothing line, the sport doesn't work like that. Similar to Brady, Manning, Montana - they're not going to have a sneaker line with cleats are they? People wearing Brady cleats to a party lol!?

Messi is the bigger star, but your probably American... so you're ignorant to that fact.

Well, let's put it like this. American sports aren't watched anywhere near as much as Football are they? American Football doesn't have a world cup does it? Basketball FIBA championships don't have anywhere near as many viewers as the FIFA world cup does it?

You have players who aren't even in the top 20 in the world making £300k a week, do the math.

Messi is a bigger star than any American athlete, and he makes more money than any American athlete other than Floyd Mayweather who in all fairness isn't in the same league as Lionel Messi in terms of popularity.

You walk down the streets of Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, France, Russia, China, Japan - almost any country in the world other than the USA and Lionel Messi will get swamped by fans left, right and center. Floyd Mayweather walked down Carnaby Street in London and barely got stopped.

LeBron is the closest to Messi in terms of money after his billion dollar sneaker renewal with Nike where he's with them for life. Very sure if Messi signed a life-time deal he would get paid a whole lot more. Difference is Basketball shoes are wearable on a street or at a party, and not with studs on the bottom lol. Messi doesn't have his own clothing line, the sport doesn't work like that. Similar to Brady, Manning, Montana - they're not going to have a sneaker line with cleats are they? People wearing Brady cleats to a party lol!?

Messi is the bigger star, but your probably American... so you're ignorant to that fact.

Well, let's put it this way. Here's a list of highest paid athletes in the world: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_world's_highest-paid_athletes

See how many of them are MURICANS? Oh MURICAN sports aren't watched as much as soccer or world cup? Okay sure, then why does MURICANS dominate the list of top paying athletes, when FEWER people watch MURICAN sports? Why, if soccer is such a popular sport, don't soccer players dominate the list? Are you saying soccer fans are poor and stingy compared to MURICAN sports fans?

Oh Mayweather isn't in the same league as Messi in popularity? So why does he make hundreds of millions more than Messi? Either Messi has a business IQ of 20, or somebody has very poor fans!

Here's the answer: because MURICA is THE BEST. MURICAN athletes don't need to be popular in the world. They just need to be popular in MURICA to get paid $$$. It doesn't matter if another sport is watched by a billion non MURICANs elsewhere, because the red, white and blue will kick your ass!

nXZsdLM.png

Well, let's put it this way. Here's a list of highest paid athletes in the world: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_world's_highest-paid_athletes

See how many of them are MURICANS? Oh MURICAN sports aren't watched as much as soccer or world cup? Okay sure, then why does MURICANS dominate the list of top paying athletes, when FEWER people watch MURICAN sports? Why, if soccer is such a popular sport, don't soccer players dominate the list? Are you saying soccer fans are poor and stingy compared to MURICAN sports fans?

Oh Mayweather isn't in the same league as Messi in popularity? So why does he make hundreds of millions more than Messi? Either Messi has a business IQ of 20, or somebody has very poor fans!

Here's the answer: because MURICA is THE BEST. MURICAN athletes don't need to be popular in the world. They just need to be popular in MURICA to get paid $$$. It doesn't matter if another sport is watched by a billion non MURICANs elsewhere, because the red, white and blue will kick your ass!

nXZsdLM.png

You're changing your argument now because you're losing the argument with facts.

You claimed to not know who Lionel Messi is and disparaged him for being "European" when he actually he South American, dummy. I then said, how can you criticize and down-talk him when he's more popular than any American athlete, which is still obviously a fact.

You then brought earnings into it and Floyd is the only American above him. Floyd is an independent athlete who doesn't operate within a league or organisation. Boxing is free-lance and you can be your own boss/company etc. American Footballers, Mixed Martial Artists, Footballers, Basketballers, Golfers etc. don't have this ability/option. Imagine Tiger Woods trying to draw fans, viewers, sponsors if he had his own tournaments outside of the PGA with no PGA players, would never happen and wouldn't work. Therefore comparing Floyd to Messi is pointless and doesn't really compare - it's 2 different playing fields.

You've now changed the argument again, as I've clearly already successfully made my point that Messi is more popular and more financially well-off than American athletes in his sports and others which are similar e.g. Basketball/American Football. This is kind of why I used Peyton/LeBron as examples - you could add Kobe or Tom Brady to that if you wanted.

Your argument is now, "Hey us Americans are so great, and such a great nation that other countries popularity doesn't count and you only need to be popular in America" - well this supports a very accurate stereotype about Americans, which is that you think the world is only the size of America. How about you guys are the size of a continent and you compare yourselves to other countries which are barely the size of Illinois. Americans spend a ton of cash on tuning into their sports because they don't dare to branch out. NBA champions are considered "world champions," MLB winners win the "World Series" ... yeah it's the world because nobody else plays it. Nobody else knows A-Rod or Jeter. Go to Italy, or Brazil, or Russia and ask them who A-Rod is, or Jeter, or Gretzky. To your point, we probably don't need to know them, you guys' support still keeps them rich... and that's great.

My only point was, how are you going to down-talk a sporting legend when you know nothing about the sport and you just want to flex your prejudicial American muscles. As you can see by my knowledge of US sports, I don't disrespect your stars, they are sporting legends. Don't be so naive and ignorant to think that down-talking Europeans makes you superior. Dirk Nowitzki won an MVP, remember that... When did Landon Donovan win any footballing award? never mind a World Player of the Year Award - but oh, I guess Dirk's is incomparable right, seeming as they don't play against the "world" - so it couldn't be the World Player of the Year... hey... this is confusing right... yeah...

Don't be ignorant, when you're arguing against the biggest sport in the world. "Soccer" as a sport makes more money than the NFL and NBA, remember that homeboy...

Try and visit Dublin, London, Paris, Berlin sometime, and stop going to Cancun and thinking Mexico is the furthest part of the world away. Heard you can book flights to that strange place called Europe for like $400, try it!

Dummy.

You're changing your argument now because you're losing the argument with facts.

You claimed to not know who Lionel Messi is and disparaged him for being "European" when he actually he South American, dummy. I then said, how can you criticize and down-talk him when he's more popular than any American athlete, which is still obviously a fact.

You then brought earnings into it and Floyd is the only American above him. Floyd is an independent athlete who doesn't operate within a league or organisation. Boxing is free-lance and you can be your own boss/company etc. American Footballers, Mixed Martial Artists, Footballers, Basketballers, Golfers etc. don't have this ability/option. Imagine Tiger Woods trying to draw fans, viewers, sponsors if he had his own tournaments outside of the PGA with no PGA players, would never happen and wouldn't work. Therefore comparing Floyd to Messi is pointless and doesn't really compare - it's 2 different playing fields.

You've now changed the argument again, as I've clearly already successfully made my point that Messi is more popular and more financially well-off than American athletes in his sports and others which are similar e.g. Basketball/American Football. This is kind of why I used Peyton/LeBron as examples - you could add Kobe or Tom Brady to that if you wanted.

Your argument is now, "Hey us Americans are so great, and such a great nation that other countries popularity doesn't count and you only need to be popular in America" - well this supports a very accurate stereotype about Americans, which is that you think the world is only the size of America. How about you guys are the size of a continent and you compare yourselves to other countries which are barely the size of Illinois. Americans spend a ton of cash on tuning into their sports because they don't dare to branch out. NBA champions are considered "world champions," MLB winners win the "World Series" ... yeah it's the world because nobody else plays it. Nobody else knows A-Rod or Jeter. Go to Italy, or Brazil, or Russia and ask them who A-Rod is, or Jeter, or Gretzky. To your point, we probably don't need to know them, you guys' support still keeps them rich... and that's great.

My only point was, how are you going to down-talk a sporting legend when you know nothing about the sport and you just want to flex your prejudicial American muscles. As you can see by my knowledge of US sports, I don't disrespect your stars, they are sporting legends. Don't be so naive and ignorant to think that down-talking Europeans makes you superior. Dirk Nowitzki won an MVP, remember that... When did Landon Donovan win any footballing award? never mind a World Player of the Year Award - but oh, I guess Dirk's is incomparable right, seeming as they don't play against the "world" - so it couldn't be the World Player of the Year... hey... this is confusing right... yeah...

Don't be ignorant, when you're arguing against the biggest sport in the world. "Soccer" as a sport makes more money than the NFL and NBA, remember that homeboy...

Try and visit Dublin, London, Paris, Berlin sometime, and stop going to Cancun and thinking Mexico is the furthest part of the world away. Heard you can book flights to that strange place called Europe for like $400, try it!

Dummy.

TL;DR you're mad your soccer boys make chump changed compared to best paid MURICAN athletes. You have to resort to personal insults to make yourself feel better. Not going to read your wall of whining. All I know is whoever this Messy is, he makes chump change compared to Mayweather now, and Tiger Woods before, both MURICANs. So...cry me a river please.

TL;DR you're mad your soccer boys make chump changed compared to best paid MURICAN athletes. You have to resort to personal insults to make yourself feel better. Not going to read your wall of whining. All I know is whoever this Messy is, he makes chump change compared to Mayweather now, and Tiger Woods before, both MURICANs. So...cry me a river please.
Alright Springsteen, have a good night.

Lmao them fifa crooks cant be any more dishonest...many of these guys are getting their ass send to jail for so many years of corruption. That pig Blatter is next. You will see.
What does that have to do with messi winning best player at the cup? Tell me the player that should have gotten the award. You can't find anyone who scored, assisted, and created opportunity more than messi did.

Whoever performs amazing all his career but chokes in the title fight [world cup].

He's still kept his sponsors and hasn't taken a pay cut so his data will be pretty similar, Lebron might beat him because of that lifelong nike deal but I think that's less per year because it's ..... Life long.

I dunno man, 2016 could be the year.
Absolutely could be. Could being the operative word, we have no idea. The only thing we know for sure is he has not. I could not care less either way if he does or does not, simply poiting out the post I replied to was wrong.

Absolutely could be. Could being the operative word, we have no idea. The only thing we know for sure is he has not. I could not care less either way if he does or does not, simply poiting out the post I replied to was wrong.

Yea man I don't care. Good job

Back