Who is Messi of MMA?

20150217065650_1DX_0263.JPG

494163871-487461.jpg

Dunno but RDA injured himself playing for Arsenal.
11/10

You guys are nerd haha

Fuck Messi and fuck your comparisons.

Messi is the best ever in sport, even more then jordan and i was a big jordan fan. the messi of mma its fedor no doubt jones is like maradona with the skills and drugs and everything. Ronaldo is a joke, not even top 100 all time, just like conor.

This one. Which I take to mean Americans are stupid and don't know who he is yet he makes more money than any American athlete. Which is false.

Haha, well technically he is right because Mayweather isn't an athlete anymore.

Haha, well technically he is right because Mayweather isn't an athlete anymore.
Well he is not since technically he has no idea if another American will beat him this year. So he is wrong by every metric possible, of which, the only important one is what does the data say. The data says an American has beat him every year. Every one. Most years several Americans top him.

Doesn't mean the guy is not making bank, but the post was wrong.

Well he is not since technically he has no idea if another American will beat him this year. So he is wrong by every metric possible, of which, the only important one is what does the data say. The data says an American has beat him every year. Every one. Most years several Americans top him.

Doesn't mean the guy is not making bank, but the post was wrong.

He's still kept his sponsors and hasn't taken a pay cut so his data will be pretty similar, Lebron might beat him because of that lifelong nike deal but I think that's less per year because it's ..... Life long.

I dunno man, 2016 could be the year.

I think Aldo is a good candidate, he has very solid soccer kicks like Messi:

Jose_Aldo_vs_Mario_Bigola.gif
Jose_Aldo_vs._Aritano_Barbosa_medium.gif

Pele is Fedor
Maradona is Anderson Silva
Messi is Gsp or jon Jones?
Could be McGregor

Mcgregor is not Messi definitely, but the list is pretty accurate.

Messi is greatest footballer, but he's quiet (and little bit autistic - at least to me)... so definitely not Conor

I would say GSP is like Messi in all aspects. Even GSP have problems outside the cage, and he quit because of that (as he said). Messi has a tax problem and is considering leaving Barcelona to avoid all that crap (loud in media lately)

Mcgregor would be like Pique maybe. Fans either love him or hate him :D

Pele is Fedor
Maradona is Anderson Silva
Messi is Gsp or jon Jones?
Could be McGregor
Did you really just compare the greatest and most exciting footballer of all time to GSP, the fighter most adversed to risk to ever step foot in the octagon....

Messi is the best ever in sport, even more then jordan and i was a big jordan fan. the messi of mma its fedor no doubt jones is like maradona with the skills and drugs and everything. Ronaldo is a joke, not even top 100 all time, just like conor.

Both Ronaldo and Conor are top 100 of all time in their sports. Ronaldo is probably top 10 and if you can name 100 better fighters or footballers than either then I will eat my hat.

Messi is the best but Suarez is my favorite. There is no Messi of MMA.

Conor obviously 220,000 people watched the press conference on Youtube live. Conor is a legit MMA superstar.

Messi only downfall is not winning a trophy with that international team of his.

@blokeybloke will know how good Pele was.

Pele won 3 World Cups (Messi has 0) and scored 77 international goals in 91 games (Messi has 49 in 105).

And Pele played in an era when referees allowed defenders to be far more brutal in their tackling of forwards than they are today.

So yeah, Pele was pretty good.

Pele won 3 World Cups (Messi has 0) and scored 77 international goals in 91 games (Messi has 49 in 105).

And Pele played in an era when referees allowed defenders to be far more brutal in their tackling of forwards than they are today.

So yeah, Pele was pretty good.
When Pele played football the sport was played seriously only by several hundred thousand people. Nowadays it's played by half a billion. Nutrition and everything in sport science has evolved, so any comparison is laughable.

Regarding international cups and performances, it's irrelevant. Players from shit countries could never be great by that logic, and Messi in particular Argentina was pretty bad in 2014 and he still brought them to WC final, even with Di Maria injured.

What if Higuain scored that shot he had against the Germany, or what if Gotze missed his, would that make Messi greater? World cups are so rare that they're irrelevant for drawing any conclusion because sample size is too small. Champions league (which is played annually, and you play in better clubs thanks to your skill) is much more relevant.

When Pele played football the sport was played seriously only by several hundred thousand people. Nowadays it's played by half a billion. Nutrition and everything in sport science has evolved, so any comparison is laughable.

Regarding international cups and performances, it's irrelevant. Players from shit countries could never be great by that logic, and Messi in particular Argentina was pretty bad in 2014 and he still brought them to WC final, even with Di Maria injured.

What if Higuain scored that shot he had against the Germany, or what if Gotze missed his, would that make Messi greater? World cups are so rare that they're irrelevant for drawing any conclusion because sample size is too small. Champions league (which is played annually, and you play in better clubs thanks to your skill) is much more relevant.

How many played is irrelevant, the proportions are relatively even. Soccer was the world's #1 sport then, as it is now. The evolutions are the reason we compare them relative to their peers, thus rendering the changes in nutrition/conditioning etc. irrelevant.

Messi guiding Argentina to the final in 2014 was impressive, but not even a quarter as impressive as Pele taking his country to 3 World Cup wins. (Not even as impressive as what Maradona accomplished in 1986 in fact.) To do it 3 times over 12 years is more than enough to smash any argument that any were "flukes".

That level of consistency is practically superhuman in a game such as football, especially playing as a striker in an era when strikers were offered far, FAR less protection from referees than they are today. The World Cup was the world's major tournament when Pele was King of Football.

Back