Who is Messi of MMA?

Is Messi really the best football player though..

best i've seen. but who knows
they say Pele was really great, but hard to tell when you just watch highlights

Dominick Cruz is the messi of MMA..... if the UFC was only the 135lb or lower division

Is Messi really the best football player though..
It's a team sport so FC Barcelona is currently the best team. Bayern Munich isn't far behind but will they meet each other in 2016?

hahaha there won't be a Messi in MMA anytime soon. there's been only one in football as it is.

people don't realize just how good Messi is. you can only compare him to the likes of Federer, Usain Bolt or, to go in the fighting world, Karelin.

so, to make the question easier - is there a Karelin of MMA? no and i don't see it as a possibility too soon. we are talking about people that have been at the very top of human ability in a sport for a decade or more.

in MMA the pool is still super shallow compared to the people that play football or tennis in the world. maybe this question will make sense in 50 years, now it doesn't

Last edited:
Messi is a guy that plays and wins only with his barca boys and we all know that barca has the best players in the world, on the other hand he doesnt do much with Argentina. SO.... Lets choose a fighter that wins local small tourneys or non title fights but his balls shrink when its time for the big show. Id say cerrone or Lombard ( lombard cause he didn't to shit in the ufc and was beasting in bellator.)

There is no Messi in mma.

Nor a Ronaldo.

Thank fuck MMA has no Ronaldo

fgIOWy3.gif

I'd honestly say Jon Jones, the shit Messi does is game changing and leaves you in awe, Jones has that same impact on me.

Messi is a guy that plays and wins only with his barca boys and we all know that barca has the best players in the world, on the other hand he doesnt do much with Argentina. SO.... Lets choose a fighter that wins local small tourneys or non title fights but his balls shrink when its time for the big show. Id say cerrone or Lombard ( lombard cause he didn't to shit in the ufc and was beasting in bellator.)

I do agree to an extent, the goal he scored against Arsenal recently was such a good team goal however his dribbling and shooting is still world class.

I'm sure lots of fighters are messy.

I do agree to an extent, the goal he scored against Arsenal recently was such a good team goal however his dribbling and shooting is still world class.
He is super talented, a great player and he seems to be humble too. Got nothing against him.... However it takes more than that to be the goat. He lacks heart and leadership, thos are two critical qualities that puts you on a whole nother level. Other than than he has it all.

Little guy running circles around everyone? Sounds like Mighty Mouse

Duck Messi. How about who is neuer or Robert Lewandowski of mma. 5 goals in 9 mins and sweeper keeper, a wall.

I agree with those saying noone can compare in MMA, Messi is a guy that alot of times makes an entire defense of elite level players look completly helpless. There might never be a talent like him in fotball ever again.

Yeah never heard of him. Probably some loser from Europe. Whoever this bum is I bet he makes way less than the top earning MURICAN athlete.
About 15% more than LeBron but yeah mayweather beats all by a margin.

best i've seen. but who knows
they say Pele was really great, but hard to tell when you just watch highlights
Messi only downfall is not winning a trophy with that international team of his.

@blokeybloke will know how good Pele was.

About 15% more than LeBron but yeah mayweather beats all by a margin.

Not anymore, but I guess if he invests his hundreds of millions wisely he'd still make an AMAZING annual wage.

Back