Who is Jon Jones' Best Win?

Obviously DC and Shogun, since those two are the most accomplished of all Jones' opponents.

We all can acknowledge that Jones has regressed as a fighter. When many people believe that a fringe top 15 middleweight (Thiago Santos) beats you, and then Reyes almost beats you.. it is time to think that you're not what you used to be.

I would say Gustafsson is his best win? - a lengthy striker who was in his prime - unlike the opponents from Jones' first dozen UFC fights (with the exception of Bader) - he countered him, did better than anybody had done prior to this fight (except Hammill who beat Jones' elbows up with his face).

Jones has always been a poor striker with limited fundamentals and Gustafsson did well to exploit that. So, Jones had a sort of come-from-behind win.

DC was tailor-made for Jones to beat, a bad striker (mainly who generally has bad boxing) with slow footwork. DC does always pose a wrestling threat, but Jones length negated it.

But the majority of Jones' UFC wins have been against opponents with limited ability because LHW is weak, like HW is. Steroids could have always made his wins look more emphatic too...

Thoughts? It has to be Gustafsson, right?
Lyoto/Shogun

Was never any good, fought cans etc.... right Sherdog? That what this thread is really heading towards.

Infact every UFC champ ever only beat cans and has beens...

Personally it was when he subbed Rampage I realised just how much better he was than the other legit world champs around him

"Jones has always been a poor striker"

yeah_ok.gif
I stopped reading at that point

If you dont say Cormier you are wrong. Simple as that. Its not even an opinion its a fact.

We all can acknowledge that Jones has regressed as a fighter. When many people believe that a fringe top 15 middleweight (Thiago Santos) beats you, and then Reyes almost beats you.. it is time to think that you're not what you used to be.

I would say Gustafsson is his best win? - a lengthy striker who was in his prime - unlike the opponents from Jones' first dozen UFC fights (with the exception of Bader) - he countered him, did better than anybody had done prior to this fight (except Hammill who beat Jones' elbows up with his face).

Jones has always been a poor striker with limited fundamentals and Gustafsson did well to exploit that. So, Jones had a sort of come-from-behind win.

DC was tailor-made for Jones to beat, a bad striker (mainly who generally has bad boxing) with slow footwork. DC does always pose a wrestling threat, but Jones length negated it.

But the majority of Jones' UFC wins have been against opponents with limited ability because LHW is weak, like HW is. Steroids could have always made his wins look more emphatic too...

Thoughts? It has to be Gustafsson, right?

He's fought the best of the best please don't try and say he has no wins over anyone notable just because of his recent bad performance

He beat a bunch of jacked up 185ers. So, you have to say DC. He hasn’t looked good fighting bigger guys. No wonder he’s not gonna go to HW.

Lol this is like a thread Melas would make trying to prop up Gus.

DC by far. The guy was undefeated and was ragdolling guys like Bigfoot and Barnett but he couldn't do anything against Jones. I don't know if you all really realise. Dc lost to another fighter only 4 years later

I stopped reading at that point
Striking isn't all about offense, you know? His defense is usually terrible, he could have been much better were he to have moved away from Jackson and Winklejon. All of their strikers have the same problems.

You can lie to yourself and say that Jones is an all-time great striker though.

He's fought the best of the best please don't try and say he has no wins over anyone notable just because of his recent bad performance
I didn't say that, but most of his opponents had no chance/were undersized. His career is similar to Anderson Silva's. He has beaten a lot of guys, but many of those guys you wouldn't consider to be the best: Rashad Evans, Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Belfort, Sonnen, OSP, Smith, Santos and now Reyes.

Striking isn't all about offense, you know? His defense is usually terrible, he could have been much better were he to have moved away from Jackson and Winklejon. All of their strikers have the same problems.

You can lie to yourself and say that Jones is an all-time great striker though.
I appreciate you doubling down on this shit. It shows balls. Dumb as an oyster but balls

Fucking fantastic AV.
Any man who can take out Burroughs and Chamizo in back-to-back Worlds is a fucking hammer.
Will be interesting if Dake beats Burroughs at the US Trials. Would like to see Dake/Sidakov.

Back