Who is going to order UFC 157?

Hendo/Machida man...COME ON!

If Dana wants Rousey to gain more fans for the UFC putting it on FX or behind a male title fight on a FOX card would have been smarter hands down

And I will always be a MMA fan and support the UFC but they have made some moves in the last few months and for this coming year that actually does make me fear for their future, they will always be the most successful MMA organization on the planet but if they want to become one of the most successful sports in general they need to make smarter moves...But this is another topic for another thread please don't ask me to explain

they've made these same moves forever. Neither Hendo or Machida are a ppv draw and the Ufc will never be a MLb, NFL, or NBA type success.

The Machida Hendo fight alone is worth the ppv for me.

The Rousey main event means absolutely nothing & I hope she loses.

If 75% of sherdoggers went to a bar instead of ordering this fight Dana would get that Female sports are not appealing and consumers do not want to pay to see an inferior product.

US Women's OPen 17.7 million viewers. Why do people constantly spew this nonsense when it's blatantly false?

US Women's OPen 17.7 million viewers. Why do people constantly spew this nonsense when it's blatantly false?

Because woman's sports aren't that popular. That is one event. Women's sports generally get worse ratings. I don't have any stats but I am sure of that.

Because woman's sports aren't that popular. That is one event. Women's sports generally get worse ratings. I don't have any stats but I am sure of that.

women's tennis does not get worse ratings and women's olympics do very well.

Not that either of those things matter. He argued all women's sports are unpopular. It's blatantly false. Of course you defend him because I've seen you make the same argument probably a dozen times.

You don't have facts and I do but still you believe otherwise because you think? Yep shertard logic.

women's tennis does not get worse ratings and women's olympics do very well.

Not that either of those things matter. He argued all women's sports are unpopular. It's blatantly false. Of course you defend him because I've seen you make the same argument probably a dozen times.

You don't have facts and I do but still you believe otherwise because you think? Yep shertard logic.

You can selectively choose sports, but that isn't how it works. How about women's basketball vs. men's basketball? Any sport in the olympics that is men's is going to get better ratings. Can you name the 100 M women's champ? Women's sports are not comparable.

womens tennis is only popular because of skimpy outfits, sexual groaning, grunting, and comparing the Williams sisters to early man.

I wanted to go and the ticket prices were a lot cheaper then when Brock was there.
But I will order it at home. Saves me a lot of money paying for 2 tickets. Mine and girls.

Now that the card is complete, who is going to order the first female main event? Yes no, or maybe answers. here's the card:

Main Card:
Ronda Rousey vs Liz Carmouche
Dan Henderson vs Lyoto Machida
Urijah Faber vs Ivan Menjivar
Josh Koscheck vs Robbie Lawler
Chad Mendes vs Manny Gamburyan

Preliminary Card:
Michael Chiesa vs Anton Kuivanen
Brendan Schaub vs Lavar Johnson
Court McGee vs Josh Neer
Dennis Bermudez vs Matt Grice
Sam Stout vs Caros Fodor
Kenny Robertson vs Brock Jardine
Neil Magny vs Jon Manley

I am for sure.

you fear for the future of the sport because once or twice a year a women will headline one of the Ufc's 30+ cards?

So many sherdoggers are so overly dramatic.

I fear for the sport because Dana's crush is more important than a headliner featuring one of the best fights in the last few years in Henderson vs Machida.

I've been on the Rousey train since her first fight in Strikeforce, but to give her billing trying to cash in on some imaginary mainstream celebrity Dana wants us to believe she's obtained, over Dan vs Lyoto, is pitiful, and I absolutely fear it's a sign of things to come.

And Ramsay's better than Euron any day, brah!

You can selectively choose sports, but that isn't how it works. How about women's basketball vs. men's basketball? Any sport in the olympics that is men's is going to get better ratings. Can you name the 100 M women's champ? Women's sports are not comparable.

He's got women's tennis, which is about as popular as the men's, and he's got gymnastics and figure skating... :D

3 sports means there are a few exceptions, and he's sticking to them hard.

But let's not forget that tennis, gymnastics, and figure skating, are all international sports. The US, the UFC's primary and base market, only gives a fack about figure skating and gymnastics for a few minutes every four years

Not ordering. Saving money. Only interested in Hendo/Lyoto & Koscheck/Lawler. Might buy the DVD later.

I 100% will be ordering it. Who ever wants to miss out on hendo receiving his first tko loss because 2 women r headlining really need to grow up and suck in their pride

Same old- watching it with the other amateurs at my boxing club (we watch both sports lol) while having pizza/wings. Should come up to around $15 per person I assume.

Back