Who is Germaine De Randamie? Click here to find out!

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Germaine De Randamie (GDR) is a 7-3 fighter that's ranked 13th in the women's Bantamweight division. She fights Holly Holm in the main event of UFC 208 for the inaugural women's 145 title.

GDR is on an impressive 2 fight win streak over Larissa Pacheco and recently retired strawweight Anna 'Panda' Elmose. Anna and Larissa have a few things in common; neither has won a fight in the UFC and both are on 2 fight losing streaks. The last fight GDR lost was against the BW champion Amanda Nunes.

GDR is not as well known as Holly so I though I would let everyone know a little about her.

IMG_2153.JPG

Holly is a very good matchup for her. no threat of takedowns. i can see GDR winning this fight

Forgot to mention her several Kickboxing/Muay Thai championships.

Chick's a beast....on the feet, lol.

Holly is a very good matchup for her. no threat of takedowns. i can see GDR winning this fight
I have her getting the upset. She can hang with her on the feet. Will catch her at some point. GDR has hands. That plus extra weight = trouble.

Germaine%2Bde%2BRandamie%2BSmashes%2BLarissa%2BPacheco%2BUFC%2B185.gif

Forgot to mention her several Kickboxing/Muay Thai championships.

Chick's a beast....on the feet, lol.
I know you're in favor of the division as I am as well but I wonder if you're in favor of this being the inaugural fight for this division. I think it makes the whole thing look like a fucking joke.

Germaine De Randamie (GDR) is a 7-3 fighter that's ranked 13th in the women's Bantamweight division. She fights Holly Holm in the main event of UFC 208 for the inaugural women's 145 title.

GDR is on an impressive 2 fight win streak over Larissa Pacheco and recently retired strawweight Anna 'Panda' Elmose. Anna and Larissa have a few things in common; neither has won a fight in the UFC and both are on 2 fight losing streaks. The last fight GDR lost was against the BW champion Amanda Nunes.

GDR is not as well known as Holly so I though I would let everyone know a little about her.

View attachment 178525
Joakim-Noah.jpg

View attachment 178525
She throws intense clinch knees <25>

But that was to a person who has now quit fighting and was a mismatch

I know you're in favor of the division as I am as well but I wonder if you're in favor of this being the inaugural fight for this division. I think it makes the whole thing look like a fucking joke.
I'm with you, bud.

How they should have done it:

- Move Anderson vs Tweet to 208 co-main or third to last fight depending on headliner(s)
- Winner vs Cyborg for the title(unless that winner happens to be Tweet who Cyborg already crushed...then Holm/GDR)
- Holly/GDR can fight each other or the loser of Anderson vs Tweet(so Tweet :p ;) )

Cyborg not being in the first title fight is just silly.

An elite striker whose finally adjusting to her mma game. A very good fight IMO.. Not worthy of a ppv main event tho.

She's legit as fuck when it comes to striking. This is not a gimme fight at all for Holly. She has an absolutely terrible ground game though. But if the grappler can't take her down she's capable of KTFOING anyone. I'm pulling for Holly (because if Ronda wins they are going to push a champ vs champ fight).

Some more facts about GDR.

She was 37-0 in Muay Thai.

She's 1" taller than Holly with a 2" longer reach

She's strong in the clinch with her knees.

She has very good fundamental striking technique and utilizes HARD leg kicks.

All 3 of her mma losses have come when her opponents took her down. Nobody has been able to stand and trade with her.

I'm with you, bud.

How they should have done it:

- Move Anderson vs Tweet to 208 co-main or third to last fight depending on headliner(s)
- Winner vs Cyborg for the title(unless that winner happens to be Tweet who Cyborg already crushed...then Holm/GDR)
- Holly/GDR can fight each other or the loser of Anderson vs Tweet(so Tweet :p ;) )
yup this is a warm up fight for the real title fight against cyborg. I would just prefer if they waited for cyborg before making the belt in the first place, because now the division is everything that sucks with the UFC, with bullshit title fights and indiscriminate usage of belts to sell wolf tickets...

Some more facts about GDR.

She was 37-0 in Muay Thai.

She's 1" taller than Holly with a 2" longer reach

She's strong in the clinch with her knees.

She has very good fundamental striking technique and utilizes HARD leg kicks.

All 3 of her mma losses have come when her opponents took her down. Nobody has been able to stand and trade with her.
{<redford}

yup this is a warm up fight for the real title fight against cyborg. I would just prefer if they waited for cyborg before making the belt in the first place, because now the division is everything that sucks with the UFC, with bullshit title fights and indiscriminate usage of belts to sell wolf tickets...
Yup... Pretty stupid of them not to wait ONE MONTH to start this shit... Unless one of both of the FW/Interim LW title fights that were rumored for 208 fell through...

Back