Who is following the Dakar Rally?

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
Today is stage 11 of 12. 4751 total race miles split over 12 days.

Cars, Trucks, Heavy Trucks, Motorcycles and 4 wheelers. Both Men's and Women's classes

America's goon won the 10th stage on Bikes

Competitors have to self navigate each stage, and fix anything that breaks themselves.

It's an event that doesn't get much coverage because it's difficult to cover. It's not on a closed course so there are hundreds of miles to cover. Different entities have the coverage rights for different areas of the world. Some might have a few minute recap each day on a pay per view channel. It's not an event that they can have video of everything that happens so everything is reported after the fact with no video.

I've only got one recording on my dvr so far, I hope to see the whole event. That's a brutal event.

395 miles of racing per day for 12 days straight.

Used to watch it when they actually raced from Paris/Lisabon to Dakar.
Our TV used to show the stage recaps, because drivers from my country were participating and doing really well.

As soon as the rally left Africa, our guys stopped racing, and TV stopped covering it.

I wasn't really a fan, I was just rooting for our guys. It is a really boring event to watch.

However, driving the vehicles yourself in such extreme circumstances must be really fun/challenging. Much respect to all the guys participating.

71a3U94DZML._SL1500_.jpg

Winning 4 wheeler goon

Winning Biker

Winning Chick Biker

Last edited:
Back