Who is David Lemieux fighting August 15th?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by JArkin770, Jul 26, 2010.

1. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

I heard originally Lemieux was going to close out Friday Night Fights on ESPN2 with the season finale on that Saturday, but since then, I notice he's scheduled to fight August 15th on the undercard for Pascal-Dawson, any idea who he might fight? A can or a live pulse?

2. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

Without a name mentioned yet - I would only guess it would be someone of a less caliber than Ayala.

3. Del the Funk66

Del the Funk66 Purple Belt

All I know is that I want to see this guy continue to fight. Very good showing the last time around! I like him as a prospect.

4. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

I'm putting money on his next opponent being Marco Antonio Rubio.
    Seemed like a logical opponent, and looking at Rubio's next fight he's got a TBA for 8/14.

Eventhough it says that Rubio is scheduled to fight in Mexico - I still think those two will meet on 8/14.

5. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

Rubio would be a great step up for Lemieux, since he has Kelly Pavlik on his resume, and now it seems Mayorga will fight Sturm in September, Rubio would be good, but that's worthy of getting TV time and it wont August 14th, I still think Lemieux would flatten him, Im not a big fan of most Canadian fighters, but I really see a prospect in Lemieux with his inside dangerous power.

6. da_ghost

da_ghost Orange Belt

If I am not mistaken Marco Antonio Rubio is facing Felix Sturm in September.

I think Lemieux might fight Roman Karmazin.

7. Gontran

Gontran Amateur Fighter

Yeah you've made that very clear in most of your posts since yesterday
    I don't know why you feel the need to constantly attack "canadian fighters"
    1. Being canadian has nothing to do with a fighter being good or not, or with possessing whatever characteristic you seem to attribute to all "canadian fighters"
    2. You obviously disagree, but I think Montreal is a pretty solid fight town. Bute, Pascal and Lemieux are the top guys right now but just in the last few years we have had a lot of talented boxers who have fought at a high level. Ngoudjo, Alcine, Lontchi, Gaudet, Demers, Diaconu, Decarie, Jo Jo Dan have all fought for a world title in the last 2-3 years. Some have succeded, most have failed. Still, for a single town, I think we have some solid talent. Does it mean we have the best fighters in the world? No, but even if they're not all top 10 in their division, montrealers support their fighters.
    Now, i'm not saying you have to like them, but I don't know why you feel the need to categorize them all in a group and belittle them constantly... and I find it very annoying

8. Viva Italia

Viva Italia Brown Belt

going off topic here but, speaking of jo jo dan, he lost a split decision to selcuk aydin in turkey. have you seen the fight? if so who do you think won. i havent seen the fight but somethin tells me that aydin fighting in his home country had something to do with the decision

9. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

Let's face it, while you list those names, it's about as easy getting a title shot with these shady sanctioning organizations as it is to get a fight in boxing. Don't list those guys and getting title shots as if it means something, cause it doesn't. Alcine was a former champion, got destroyed by Angulo, which I was happy about and Im not even a huge fan of Angulo to begin with. They give these guys title shots because even if they lose, the universal healthcare you offer will fix their wounds up after they get slaughtered by their champion opponent.

10. Gontran

Gontran Amateur Fighter

Yeah that's just my opinion, that montreal is a good fight town, I don't really care that you agree or not, it's debatable.

If you read properly, my main point, which you seem to avoid, was that you've been acting like a prick, making these generalizations about canadian boxing, in this thread and in the pascal vs. dawson thread. Did a canadian bully you when you were a kid? Stole your lollipop? Get over it

11. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

Don't get too angry now, eh? I don't want you to break a blood vessel and need to join a "waiting list" for your medical procedure, lol