Who is currently the best White Male Vocalist

lol @ Thom Yorke being considered the "best" vocalist of any category.

he's the scott stapp of indie music

Mike Patton....LOL.

He's a good musician, but slow down on the "best vocalist" talk. That's nonsense.

Incredibly versatile. Name another vocalist with his range of vocal styles.

Screaming and singing? That type of vast versatility? Oh' I don't know, Maynard, Trent Rezor, the guy from Filter, Marylin Manson, etc, etc.

His versatility in musicianship is impressive. His vocals are not.

[YT]8By9DnqCHac[/YT]

Chuck Schuldiner of Death, most think of him as having some of the best guitar playing in metal but his vocals were just as good. Had some damn fine range, could scream and growl with the best of them. Death's cover of Judas Priests Painkiller is arguably the best cover version and Chuck's opening scream and the ending with him belting out Painkiller is simply chilling. Some of the best vocals I've ever heard

He can croon, do jazz, do pop vocals, sing traditional rock and ballads, plus all the death grunts and screams, and he does them all with

I guess it depends what you're looking for. Honestly, I don't put much stock into death metal vocals, even if they are ripping their throats apart to do it. To me, it's not so much talent, as it is endurance.

As far as styles go, that's just what they are. I'd imagine most professional vocalists can do most of that stuff if they needed to. I thought this was more about technical ability. Nothing very technically impressive about anything Mike Patton does as far as vocals go.

Fair point, but the speed he transitions between styles is uncommon.

Thing is, "best" is so subjective. The best opera singer is hard to compare with the best rapper, for example. Someone who can do lots of styles very well has, IMO, the nod over someone who is only really comfortable doing one.

I guess it depends what you're looking for. Honestly, I don't put much stock into death metal vocals, even if they are ripping their throats apart to do it. To me, it's not so much talent, as it is endurance.

As far as styles go, that's just what they are. I'd imagine most professional vocalists can do most of that stuff if they needed to. I thought this was more about technical ability. Nothing very technically impressive about anything Mike Patton does as far as vocals go.

so either #1 you are trolling (seeing as numerous magazines websites and articles deem Mike Patton the best music vocalist ever

or #2 you have no idea about his music other than faith no more and are just "guessing"

[YT]HiT_jdaUWe4[/YT]
[YT]opizWrg82dk[/YT]

Mike Patton is still a giant turd-douche.

I don't listen to gospel (not religious) but i regularly watch this cat, cuz he's quite frankly phenomenal. the most power, control, and range i've ever seen from any non opera male singer, brian mcknight included
[YT]4iPIi7sunEU[/YT]

so either #1 you are trolling

Disagreeing with fanboy =/= trolling.

(seeing as numerous magazines websites and articles deem Mike Patton the best music vocalist ever

Not that it would make it a fact, but oh' please do provide sources.

I don't listen to gospel (not religious) but i regularly watch this cat, cuz he's quite frankly phenomenal. the most power, control, and range i've ever seen from any non opera male singer, brian mcknight included
[YT]4iPIi7sunEU[/YT]

hi Andrea Bocceli called

gospel sucks.. and andrea is blind

[YT]tcrfvP11Hbo[/YT]
[YT]TAFj2-u2cGQ[/YT]
[YT]pwp1CH5R-w4[/YT]

just because somebody has range/amazing runs or whatever doesn't necessarily make them a monster, but it helps. Most of yall probably don't know that JC Chasez from Nsync has a 4 octave range (like Cornell, whitney houston, aguilera), and the teeny music they made hid his vocal beastery.

Back