Who is currently the best White Male Vocalist

posted b4 i read thu the thread, but im surprised no mention of maynard james keenan. he doesn't always get to shine when fronting tool, but he has some impressive vocal performances with a perfect circle, and his puscifer project.

Daniel Gildenlow. Never heard a vocalist convey emotion as well as he does.

kind of an obscure band but Jimmy Gnecco of Ours is probably the best vocalist i've ever seen. they opened for somebody, and i had never previously heard of them. i remember my jaw was on the floor the whole time. dude has some serious pipes.

Last edited:
The dude from Le Cassette

Does it have to be a pop star? How about Maynard James Keenan? ill admit that back in the early 2000s when Tool's popularity really took off fanboys kind of burnt me out on them but he's still an awesome singer. I could do without people treating him like a god though and from what I've read he's not very comfortable with it himself.

its hard to say whos "the best" there are plenty of great white guy singers.
kinda depends on what style we are talking about here.

im a die hard Bjorn "speed" Strid fan myself.
the guy has range, tone, control, and texture to his voice.

Michael Schiavello

Interesting list, thanks. Oh and Axl is amazing

Yea apparently Axl hits all the highs and all the lows. His range for singing is basically worldclass. Its too bad GNR had to break up because he was busy doing heroin and hitting his girlfriend in the head with empty wine bottles.

Currently: I like Robin Pecknold
All-time: Of course it's Steve Perry

Alive: Van Morrison. (technically active too)

Lots of names come to mind, but the following are my favourites of those currently in their primes(timestamped for convenience):

Andrew Mailloux:
Daniel Gildenl

Deep Purple are still around so it would have to be Ian Gillan.

Back