Who is currently the best White Male Vocalist

Mike Patton

This.

Guy is a legend and has done more to advance vocals then any other singer in our era. He took the whole screaming to singing thing to another planet-amazing. You wouldn't have bands like Deftones and every other 'screamo' type band out there without Patton. His influence is FAR reaching; punk, rap, screamo, metal, opera, crooning, jazz, etc.

Some cool examples:

[YT]O1oQglI7WHc[/YT]

[YT]vu5rPzcUPEE[/YT]

[YT]0aA5NxTujqg[/YT]

[YT]ajRH0HVdI7M[/YT]

[YT]ubauFpvtBeA[/YT]

[YT]oAJR4SreD7s[/YT]

[YT]XaP8EwBJyWA[/YT]

Yeah Mike Patton has incredible range, but he isn't really as versatile as Taylor imo

You're high lol. Even CT would knock you out for saying that. Real talk. Corey sings and screams, maybe a LITTLE bit of rap type stuff-that's it. Mike does all of that and much much more. Do your research.

Patton, are you nuts? Pretty sure Patton got asked by his own bandmates to take singing lessons.

The only thing incredible about Mike Patton is how overrated he is.
He is an okay singer but its all about the tone and Patton IMO doesnt have a phenomenal voice at all.

When I think of great vocalists I think of guys like Joe Cocker , Van morrison ,Smokey Robinson, Elvis ,

As far as best current white male vocalist I dunno?

Elvis? lol. Ok, to each their own...but to suggest that Patton is overrated because of his tone is narrow. First of all-tone is subjective, like everything discussed in this thread. What you may find enjoyable for tone might not be pleasing to someone else. Mike Patton is not overrated because of what he may lack in some people's minds is more then made up by his body of work. Find me another singer from the last 20 years that has a diverse resume like his.

I'll wait...

Mike Patton, Chris Cornell, Corey Taylor, Eddie Vedder, Caleb Followill. Scott Weiland had a good voice till he ruined it with drugs and drink.

I like dallas greens voice, and his range is decent as well.

Jeff Buckley would be top of this list imo, if he hadn't gone done drowned himself.

Patton, are you nuts? Pretty sure Patton got asked by his own bandmates to take singing lessons.

What bandmates? MP has been in bands then i can count. If he isn't such a good vocalist then how come musicians still seek to work with him? He's been asked and preformed with Italian operas ffs lol.

Mike's style isn't about singing "perfect" like a pop artist who's been Pro Tool'd and Auto Tune'd to hell. Would you say Brian Johnson isn't a successful singer because his technique sucks?

Come on San Jose.

Jeff Buckley would be top of this list imo, if he hadn't gone done drowned himself.

Actually, fucking A. Totally slipped my mind. GREAT selection.

RIP.

kind of an obscure band but Jimmy Gnecco of Ours is probably the best vocalist i've ever seen. they opened for somebody, and i had never previously heard of them. i remember my jaw was on the floor the whole time. dude has some serious pipes.

The answer is in the thread title. White as in Jack White. This bastard is so good Robert Plant asked to perform with him. Robert Plant. Arguably the greatest rock vocalist ever. To which I'd agree, and I'm not a Zeppelin fan.

Back