Who is currently the best White Male Vocalist

message me if you want, i'll send you something lol

Send me, dude.

giphy.gif

Mick Jagger still sings, so once again, for like the 24th consecutive year since Freddie died, he runs away with it.

There you go, Jagger, Weller, Strummer.. these guys exude more passion and charisma than any trained vocalist, in fact technical proficiency is a hindrance to music, lacks soul and spontaneity. A great vocalist moves you, not with octaves or range, intangible.

There you go, Jagger, Weller, Strummer.. these guys exude more passion and charisma than any trained vocalist, in fact technical proficiency is a hindrance to music, lacks soul and spontaneity. A great vocalist moves you, not with octaves or range, intangible.

I'd argue the exact opposite.

Jagger doesn't have more passion or charisma than a guy like Dio or Russell Allen. And he's no where near as skilled as either of them.

Not to say technical ability is all you need to write good music, far from it, but it takes your potential to write music to a completely different level when you're able to sing several octaves and play several chords, scales and techniques on guitar.

Tbh, I don't think Jagger is that great of singer at all.

And simply having technical ability means you'll lack soul and spontaneity?! You have to be kidding me.

Hendrix, Slash and Blackmore were/are great technical players, somehow they lacked soul and improvisational skills?

I'll admit, endless shredding isn't really worth much more than pushing yourself as a musician, it's just a tool like anything else and shouldn't dominate music. Good melody/soulful playing is first and foremost, but being able to play well opens up so many possibilities to add more to your music.

When you can play/sing nearly any note, as long as it doesn't tempt you to show off too much, it gives you the opportunity to truly express yourself too the fullest capacity.

raphael saadiq

Shocking the lack of explosives being mentioned in this thread

I'm not here to nutride opera singers, but I think everyone should go to opera and actually hear opera singers sing live. It will send chills through your spine.

This is way off. Opera singers are actors on stage as well. They are playing a character & if they can't connect to the audience through their performance they won't have a career. They also must be able to react spontaneously to the action on stage. I'd challenge you to show me an artist with more passion than any soprano playing Madame Butterfly, Tosca, or Brunnhilde or more charisma than a Don Giovanni or Escamillo.

& as Metulsalemi said, go see an opera performance. The combination of the artists connection to their character & the vocal fireworks will move you like you wouldn't believe.

Do you actually go to Opera shows and listen to quality Soprano's or are you just defending artist you watch? Cause those guys might have charisma but come on lol

Phillip Quast & Colm Wilkinson

[YT]HiV_CBErq9Y[/YT]
[YT]urxk4mveLCw[/YT]
[YT]HPIos2mXbUE[/YT]

Back