Who is Alexander Gustafsson rooting for?

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sure, he wants to beat Jones up pretty badly. But at the same time, DC seems to be the easier style matchup for him.

Would love to see Gus's predictions for this fight. Has he said anything?

If DC ragdolls Jones , whose to say he can't Ragdoll Gus, anyways I'm pretty certain he wants to settle the score with Jones

Probably Jones. If DC beats Jones it's by outwrestling him. Can't imagine how Gus doesn't get tossed around himself.

I actually think DC is a worse match up for Gus than Jones as his low level base supports more traditional wrestling rather than when he was the same size as jones so he could match his leverage plus DC is more susceptible to kicks than punches which Alex is not that great at.

Anything short of a totally dominant DC win will likely move Gus's title shot back to after at minimum 1 rematch.

If DC takes the title in a reasonably close fight decision a rematch is almost certain. If Jon regains the belt from DC in the rematch, count on a rubber match. This puts Gus out of a title shot for well over a year.

Zero chance that Gus is NOT praying for JBJ to win this weekend. He could be looking at his shot at the LHW strap by midyear 2015!

Sure, he wants to beat Jones up pretty badly. But at the same time, DC seems to be the easier style matchup for him.

Would love to see Gus's predictions for this fight. Has he said anything?

Jones, no question. He has stated this many times. Why would he want DC to win? He would most likely have to wait even longer since Jones, in most losing scenarios, will get a rematch.

Gus knows that being the first to beat Jon Jones is much, much bigger than being the guy who beat the guy who beat Jon Jones. Gus wants to be the guy that downs the LHW GOAT personally. Plus there's the revenge angle.

Probably Jones. If DC beats Jones it's by outwrestling him. Can't imagine how Gus doesn't get tossed around himself.

Footwork bro. Footwork and clean boxing. His Footwork is pretty far ahead of Jones. Gus is pretty hard to get a hold of. Someone post a gif of Jones trying for dear life to get hold of him but Gus spins away. In the second round.

I think DC probably smashes Gus.

Footwork bro. Footwork and clean boxing. His Footwork is pretty far ahead of Jones. Gus is pretty hard to get a hold of. Someone post a gif of Jones trying for dear life to get hold of him but Gus spins away. In the second round.

Yeah, that's the big question mark.

I think Jones, he knows that he was close to beating him. If DC throws Jones around there's not much Gus can do I think.

The guy that beats Jones will be the same guy that beats Gus.
I'm pretty sure Gus is rooting for Jones at this point.

Just like what others have said, Jones. I have a hard time believing that DC wins with his striking considering the reach so it would be by his wrestling. If that happens there is no way that Gus could handle it, despite the takedown in the JJvAG fight Jones still has much better wrestling. Plus Gus is getting KO'd by Johnson anyways.

Probably Jones. He wants his revenge.

He won't get it, though. Jones beats him next time too :D

Usually in these situations you tend to cheer for the guy you went to war with and lost a close fight, for two reasons.

1. You believe you can win a rematch
2. The better the guy you lost to looks against everyone else, the better it looks for you

There is no probably or possibly on this issue. He has stated many times that he wants Jones to win. That is the answer to the question.

He believes in Jones and wants Jones to win. Dc might be forced to do a rematch if he wins it, considering the many defenses Jones has achieved.

But also since the bigger the scalp the better, and Gus believes he's learned Jones' number. Adding another defense will just add to the fall when the belt finally switches hands. Compare that to beating a champion who has 0 defenses in Cormier, it's all about that belt and taking it from the biggest baddest mofo around.

It has to be Jones.

If Jones loses he gets a rematch which means gus wouldnt fight for the belt unless injuries occured till 2016

Just like what others have said, Jones. I have a hard time believing that DC wins with his striking considering the reach so it would be by his wrestling. If that happens there is no way that Gus could handle it, despite the takedown in the JJvAG fight Jones still has much better wrestling. Plus Gus is getting KO'd by Johnson anyways.

The Mauler would stuff the takedowns of Cormier and successfully stay on his feet if they fight. His TDD in regards to technique is spectacular and his body coordination is unmatched by any of the heavyweights DC fought.

It would end in a finish too.

Just like the Johnson fight will, when he gasses and leave the wrong openings. :cool:

I think he wants Jones

Back