Movies Who is actually watching Fast 9 for it to rake in $710mill

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Who is actually watching this crap franchise? How does Fast 9 rake in $710?

I get that a lot of Chinese and other Asian audiences are seeing this movie, but why ??? Is it just kids ? Why would anyone over 17 watch this?

I agree that those movie sck donkey dicks,

But why are you triggered by this?

Last edited:
Who is actually watching this crap franchise? How does Fast 9 rake in $710?

I get that a lot of Chinese and other Asian audiences are seeing this movie, but why ??? Is it just kids ? Why would anyone over 17 watch this?

You answered your own question. F&F crushes in China.

Ok, can someone explain why Chinese audiences are enamored with crap Hollywood movies?
Just is what it is. Like how Americans love the shit out of our superhero movies.

It's a little late to be complaining about this. In a world where the most popular movie franchises are those featuring children's comic book characters, you question why any adult would watch a action franchise featuring buff dudes, hot women and fast cars?

I mean, yeah, it's a dumb action franchise, but check your condescension. Aren't you super excited for "The Matrix: Resurrection"? You know, another dumb action movie franchise?

Terrible terrible movie I quit 25 mins in.
There's a cult following forsure but who are they beats me

I haven't watch it yet and I don't plan watching it soon.

Same reason people went and saw the HP series or Twilight trash movies. There's a loyal following who is willing to turn their brains off for a couple of hours and just watch ridiculous nonsense happen that's not remotely rooted in reality. It's not that big of a deal really.

Godawful doodoo humans. The same ones that make other doodoo humans famous, create YouTube clickbait thumbnails, and TokTik dance in public.

Overseas pumped it up. US + Canada was only around $170 million which is fairly low for a big box office movie.

I also know a few people who went and saw it simply because it was one of the very few "new" movies to come out this Summer because of Covid

Last edited:
It's a little late to be complaining about this. In a world where the most popular movie franchises are those featuring children's comic book characters, you question why any adult would watch a action franchise featuring buff dudes, hot women and fast cars?

I mean, yeah, it's a dumb action franchise, but check your condescension. Aren't you super excited for "The Matrix: Resurrection"? You know, another dumb action movie franchise?

A comic book movie can be really good, example : Hellboy 1 & 2. , Nolan's Batman trilogy. Some of the Wolverine movies were decent.

Are foreign audiences - excepting Europe, Japan and Australia - easily enamored by anything out of Hollywood ?

In Asia, is the general population far more likely to like crap movies, while the general American or Canadian population is more discerning? Is it because young Asians just see anything from America as cool?

Hint: They car it the PAST AND THE POOL US 9.

A comic book movie can be really good, example : Hellboy 1 & 2. , Nolan's Batman trilogy. Some of the Wolverine movies were decent.

Sure, but they're undeniably immature at their core. Sorry, but you don't get to stand on your high horse about "mature" cinema, if you like movies about characters in costumes flying around and shooting laser beams out of their hands.

Sure, but they're undeniably immature at their core. Sorry, but you don't get to stand on your high horse about "mature" cinema, if you like movies about characters in costumes flying around and shooting laser beams out of their hands.
you have a point.....and double yellow....its a hardknocks life eh

Back