Who is a "good" matchup for Conor?

At which weight? Because Aldo was/is a relatively good match-up for him as was Poirier and as would be Koch, Holloway (again), and Cub.

At LW it gets tougher because that division is so much better and cuz many of them are bigger than Conor. Cowboy would be a good fight for him to see where he's at and a match-up he can do well in. If we're talking WW then it gets ridiculous. I suppose he could hit & run against some, but the top 5 are too big, also skilled on top of that.

Nobody is a good matchup for him apart from anyone he's already beaten - Sherdog

Diaz has no gaps in his ground game. He is literally top 3 BJJ players in the game right now along with Maia.

His gaps are in his striking and in his wrestling.

He is vulnerable vs Muay Thai strikers who can also wrestle/grind him out/threaten with the takedown.

Might have been poorly worded on my part, but I'm talking about Conor with the weak ground game.

Pathetic hater..does dustin Poirier fall in that category?

How are you gonna call me a hater after I just defended Conor for several posts? I don't hate any fighters and am a fan of Conor's fights.

I am just speaking facts. Porier is a striker but he doesn't have a significant height/reach disadvantage so I left him out.

Pettis and cerrone

Neither of them moves their head enough

Conor matches up well with anyone in the FW division.

Nate however, is a terrible matchup for him. Nate is taller, longer, has better BJJ, is a southpaw, has better cardio, is a great boxer and he is almost impossible to put away. Taking away Conors biggest strenghts; his left, his power and his size. Conor doesn't have the wrestling to control Nate either and he's the smaller man. Tough, tough fight for him.

Conservative countering, go to the body, work the leg kicks, stay on the outside is pretty much his chance of winning. Unless he somehow manages to stop Diaz.

How are you gonna call me a hater after I just defended Conor for several posts? I don't hate any fighters and am a fan of Conor's fights.

I am just speaking facts. Porier is a striker but he doesn't have a significant height/reach disadvantage so I left him out.
Sorry I guess not. Its just the blind conor hate on here is nuts. Alof of them implying he only beats manlets.

Anyone at FW. I think possible Conor could do very well at LW he landed some good shots on Nate but Nate is one tough mother f'er. Can't wait for the rematch to see if Conor can win with conservation but if worse comes to worse I can't imagine Nate not going straight forward chasing him and pouring it on. Most of the times when Nate does this fighter take him down to survive but that's not going to work out for Conor as we all know...

I agree with Pettis but I think Cowboy would beat the breaks off of Conor unless he gets caught with an early body shot.
Cowboy struggles against fighters who pressure him like rda and diaz

Conor would get off first and catch him with big shots

Get the fuck out of here with Conor ducked Aldo...

Are we forgetting that Aldo was the one who pulled out of the first fight and then turned down the rematch after saying "any time, any place"?

I agree that the Nate rematch is stupid and pointless, and that Conor should be defending right now, but the first time around Conor was just taking on whoever they had available after RDA pulled out.

When Conor was supposed to fight Aldo the first time, that was never really a money fight. How many PPV buys do you think that fight would have done if Conor hadn't talked massive amounts of shit, stole Aldo's belt 2x, grabbed Aldo by the neck, made him flinch at the staredown, etc? Probably nowhere near as many as it ended up doing.

Woodley is not campaigning to fight a legend. He's campaigning for easy fights so he can stay champ longer. Since when is Nick Diaz a legend? Calling GSP out is fair enough, but Woodley is trying to piggyback off of big names instead of doing the promotional leg work himself. Conor put in the work and made himself into a money fight, while Woodley is begging for one like an entitled child.
1. Aldo never ducked Conor. He hurt his ribs and posted the x rays to hush his haters. If you hurry your ribs you're basically in pain because if breathing and your lungs expanding against your ribs.

2. Yeah. Aldo looked really stupid saying that anytime, anywhere stuff then not backing his words up. Was better off not saying anything at all.

Cowboy struggles against fighters who pressure him like rda and diaz

Conor would get off first and catch him with big shots
Alvarez is a pressure fighter and Cowboy handled him.

I'd really like to see Cowboy vs Conor sooner than later.

Back