who is a better technical grappeler out of the following

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by ATTfighter, Nov 29, 2005.

1. ATTfighter

ATTfighter Blue Belt

jake shields
    rafeal dias
    marcel ferreria
    marcus aurelio
    bj penn

they have all won GQ or NAGA at some point just curious as to who you gusy think is better.. not a grappeler VS grappler thread just who you think is the best technical grappeler.. add tot he list if you want

2. mikeffd

mikeffd Brown Belt

BJ Penn. He's dominated every grappling match I've seen him in - even against guys like Edson Diniz and Javi Vasquez. The crazy part is that is just seems so effortless. Every sweep submission, takedown, etc is executed without any strain or force.

I haven't been fortunate enough to see marcel ferreria and marcus aurelio in a great deal of grappling tourneys. They're both obviously very skilled and talented.

Jake Shields is at least on par with Aurelio and Ferrera, although he's lost twice to Pablo Papovitch. Leo Santos, Cameron Earle, and Diego Sanchez all had him in trouble but through sheer will power he escaped all threats. A great competitor, but I'm not sure if he's got the technical prowess of the other guys.

Never seen Dias.