Who is a better option than C-level Cain rematch?

benebox

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Simple question: Which of the following top 10 HW fighters would you rather see Werdum fight opposed to seeing the Cain rematch?

1. Junior Dos Santos - Just beat Miocic and already has a decisive win over Werdum
2. Stipe Miocic - Only loss in last 5 wins is a close decision against Santos
3. Andrei Arlovski - 5 win streak, highest in HW division
4. Travis Browne - just lost and got soundly beat by Werdum 2 fights prior
5. Ben Rothwell - 3 win streak including KO win over Overeem
6. Mark Hunt - Coming of loss, was soundly beating Werdum before KO loss
7. Josh Barnett - Coming of loss
8. Alistair Overeem - 2 win streak, is 1 -1 against Werdum winning most recent fight
9. Frank Mir - 2 win streak, only fighter who could rival Werdum on the floor

Bonus fight
10. Fedor Emelianenko - HW and p4p GOAT, 3 year lay off / has loss to Werdum

I would personally rather see all the top 10 HW's apart from Brown, Hunt and Barnett. So that is 7 out of 9 or 8 out of 10 if they sign Fedor. Do you Agree?

*I would add a poll but I'm too stupid to figure out how

Arvloski, solid streak with some good names and has a win over Werdum

Arlovski imo. That win streak and what a great comeback story it could be.

I think Fedor should be saved for the next HW title fight.

Arlovski, Miocic or even Hunt. Hunt lost to Miocic, but he also fought Werdum on short notice in Mexico as well. and getting caught with a flying knee isn't really the same as getting dominated for 3 rounds. At this point, i'd have picked almost anyone in the top 10 over Cain.

So only Arlovski, or is there any other fight you would have prefered to the Cain rematch?

Arlovski, Miocic or even Hunt. Hunt lost to Miocic, but he also fought Werdum on short notice in Mexico as well. and getting caught with a flying knee isn't really the same as getting dominated for 3 rounds. At this point, i'd have picked almost anyone in the top 10 over Cain.

Even Hunt and Barnett (if he wins) are probably better options. It just goes to show you how bad this fight is!

We have already seen Werdum vs. Arlovski and it was not a good fight.

Stipe is an obvious choice. My second choice would still be Werdum.

Cain doesnt deserve a rematch... not in the slightest. Few other fighters that make sense for getting a TS.

AA: 5 win streak as mentioned.
JDS: win over werdum and was nr 1 contender for ages.
Rothwell: nice streak and finishes.
Reem: 2 wins and a rubber match

As Condit is getting a TS ANYTHING is possible in the UFC. Even Cain getting a rematch that makes 0 sense.

I wouldn't mind Cain's immediate rematch if he hadn't been so inactive for half a fucking decade. His prime is probably over and wasted.

I like the Overeem fight. Reem was the last man to beat Werdum. Besides, this fight needs to happen before Reem shrinks back to LHW.

Simple question: Which of the following top 10 HW fighters would you rather see Werdum fight opposed to seeing the Cain rematch?

1. Junior Dos Santos - Just beat Miocic and already has a decisive win over Werdum
2. Stipe Miocic - Only loss in last 5 wins is a close decision against Santos
3. Andrei Arlovski - 5 win streak, highest in HW division
4. Travis Browne - just lost and got soundly beat by Werdum 2 fights prior
5. Ben Rothwell - 3 win streak including KO win over Overeem
6. Mark Hunt - Coming of loss, was soundly beating Werdum before KO loss
7. Josh Barnett - Coming of loss
8. Alistair Overeem - 2 win streak, is 1 -1 against Werdum winning most recent fight
9. Frank Mir - 2 win streak, only fighter who could rival Werdum on the floor

Bonus fight
10. Fedor Emelianenko - HW and p4p GOAT, 3 year lay off / has loss to Werdum

I would personally rather see all the top 10 HW's apart from Brown, Hunt and Barnett. So that is 7 out of 9 or 8 out of 10 if they sign Fedor. Do you Agree?

*I would add a poll but I'm too stupid to figure out how

If you want to be fair, it should be Junior.
He is the #2 ranked and beat him already.

But here are my thoughts one by one:

1. Junior Dos Santos - personally, I would not have junior so high. But since this is UFC Rankings, I would not be opposed to be him.
x 2. Stipe Miocic - 1-1 in his last two. Needs more wins to get to contention.
3. Andrei Arlovski - WOuld be a nice fight IMO. But his best win is Browne. Pair him with Rothwell. Winner is next contender.
x 4. Travis Browne - just lost, and already lost to Werdum. Needs more wins to get to contention.
5. Ben Rothwell - 3 win streak, but his only true top win is Alistair Overeem. Have him fight AA for next contender spot.
x 6. Mark Hunt - He should get his chance eventually, after all, he fought Werdum with no camp at an altitude, and did better than Cain until knees of (wer)doom. But he's on a two fight losing streak... needs to turn it around to get another crack to the belt.
x 7. Josh Barnett - Same as MArk. needs to turn it around to getsome wins to get to the discussion.
8. Alistair Overeem - This is the fight (I think) is most intriguing. AO changed his style and now is much more dangerous. Plus they are 1-1 and it is the only fighter I wouldn't know how to predict the outcome due to the improvement from both guys.
9. Frank Mir - I love Mir's resurgence, and this would be the battle for BJJ supremacy. But he has a recent loss to AO, and this would put AO in front at the race for a title shot.

So if I had to eliminate some top 10 that I don't think should be called "contenders" yet, I would be left with:

1. Junior Dos Santos
2. Andrei Arlovski
3. Ben Rothwell
4. Alistair Overeem
5. Frank Mir

If any of the above got a title shot, I would not be mad.

My preference, in order would be:

Alistair Overeem
Junior Dos Santos
Andrei Arlovski
Frank Mir
Ben Rothwell

Note: If Fedor Joins the UFC, I would have him fight Cain. The winner gets a title shot..
While I do consider Fedor GOAT, I would like to first see how he fares against a top opponent before allowing him to compete for the gold.
But if UFC did that, I would not be mad.

Cain is F-level at best. Especially after that display in his last fight.

Back