Who invented the tap out?

randy%20bloom.tapout.scotty.jpg

Cool story...

I snuck into the ringside area at the 'War of 04' right before the Hughes/GSP fight, and Mask and Scrap saw me, so Mask comes over and is like "yo dont worry walk with me they wont stop you." So we go to his seats in the front 2 rows and they told everyone to push down a lil so we could fit.

Then I started cheering for GSP when he came out and he was like "WTF are you doing, we sponser Matt" but he was being cool laughing about it, making it like a fun rivalry. Then when Hughes won he was rubbing it in my face, hugging me, just being totally cool ya know? VERY cool guys!! If you met them it would be hard to dislike them...they are seriously just very down to earth guys that want nothing more than to have a good time!

Edit- this is NOTHING to do with your post BTW :D

Do you guys know which Martial Art started using it? I'm guessing it was either Catch Wrestling or Judo. Thoughts?

believe it or not the "tap out" did not derive from a martial art but from a cultural white flag so to say. in ancient Greece men were really into their bodies. So much so that they even like finely tuned man-bods more then female bodies.
well you can imagine what powerful, older men would do to young studs at bath houses. when the catching stud had to much, he would simply "tap out" by tapping the leg of the pitcher. true story. it's right there in the history books.

believe it or not the "tap out" did not derive from a martial art but from a cultural white flag so to say. in ancient Greece men were really into their bodies. So much so that they even like finely tuned man-bods more then female bodies.
well you can imagine what powerful, older men would do to young studs at bath houses. when the catching stud had to much, he would simply "tap out" by tapping the leg of the pitcher. true story. it's right there in the history books.

I should kill you for posting that.

Think I'll let it ride for today though - you got lucky this time.

No more Greek bath-house-homoerotic-tapout fantasy pankration stories though mister!

Didn't some boxer back in the say "no mas, no mas" during a fight and then was riddiculed beyond belief for it?

I should kill you for posting that.

Think I'll let it ride for today though - you got lucky this time.

No more Greek bath-house-homoerotic-tapout fantasy pankration stories though mister!

Why does everyone have that avatar? Brad Morris lost to Cain. Man I'm so lost. Are you Greek? Ti ka nees?

The truth is God did in his first match with BMA_MAT. God wasn't expecting him to pull guard and armbar.

Their second match God won by an advantage, but it was contraversial because God did a lot of stalling and ironically did everything he could to stay away from "Triangle Heaven". Not to mention Jesus was the ref in their second bout and has an obvious bias.

The Rubber match should be scheduled soon, and this time with a neutral ref like Todd. Who ironically is scheduled for a match with Jesus and plans to unveil his newest weapon, the Clam Guard.

there was a story about a pankrationist who had won all of his fights. In his last fight, his opponent got his back and started to chocke him. He grabbed his opponents foot and started to squeeze.

He broke three bones in his opponent's foot, causing him to tap. But he lost conciousness and died.
So the guy who got his foot broken held on to the choke for more than a minute after the guy went unconscious, despite the pain he most definitely felt?

Cool story...

I snuck into the ringside area at the 'War of 04' right before the Hughes/GSP fight, and Mask and Scrap saw me, so Mask comes over and is like "yo dont worry walk with me they wont stop you." So we go to his seats in the front 2 rows and they told everyone to push down a lil so we could fit.

Then I started cheering for GSP when he came out and he was like "WTF are you doing, we sponser Matt" but he was being cool laughing about it, making it like a fun rivalry. Then when Hughes won he was rubbing it in my face, hugging me, just being totally cool ya know? VERY cool guys!! If you met them it would be hard to dislike them...they are seriously just very down to earth guys that want nothing more than to have a good time!

Edit- this is NOTHING to do with your post BTW :D

Not as cool as the guy who met BJ Penn at the airport...

Why does everyone have that avatar? Brad Morris lost to Cain.

Brad has been posting in the training section of sherdog for a long time and has given a lot of quality advice. He even got online a half hour after his loss to Cain to let us know he was ok and chat a bit. S&P supports our own any way we can.

there was a story about a pankrationist who had won all of his fights. In his last fight, his opponent got his back and started to chocke him. He grabbed his opponents foot and started to squeeze.

He broke three bones in his opponent's foot, causing him to tap. But he lost conciousness and died.

I remember that. I wish I could remember the names.

In any event, he was in a rudimentary Rear Naked Choke. The only counter at that time was to scissor the hooks on your stomach with your own thighs, and "crush" them.

The guy tapped his opponent whilst being rear mounted, only to die from the loss of blood flow to the brain.

Pwnt. Still, a win is a win.

what happened w/ the guy that met bj penn at the airport?

or was that a sarcasm laced reply?

The truth is God did in his first match with BMA_MAT. God wasn't expecting him to pull guard and armbar.

Their second match God won by an advantage, but it was contraversial because God did a lot of stalling and ironically did everything he could to stay away from "Triangle Heaven". Not to mention Jesus was the ref in their second bout and has an obvious bias.

The Rubber match should be scheduled soon, and this time with a neutral ref like Todd. Who ironically is scheduled for a match with Jesus and plans to unveil his newest weapon, the Clam Guard.

I heard that BMA_MAT was going to work the fight but he was mad at god for giving him acne and "light scarring". God then sent BMA_MAT a puppy to reconcile their differences. BMA_MAT accepted his the puppy but not his apology. This is why there's bad blood between them.

Back