Who honestly wins McGregor vs Poirier 2?

Poirier by TKO or submission, Round 3.

I also think they should definitely make this fight.

This would be a different fight this go around. I believe Poirier takes it.

Hmm who should we favor. The dude who KOed him in the first round, or the dude who got KOed in the first round. Hard to say.

Who knows? Conor hasn't won a fight in three years. No telling what he'd look like if he came back. It also depends on Poirier's approach. If he mixes it up, I'd favor him over any version of Conor. If he wants to try to prove a point by boxing with Conor then it's very possible if not likely he gets KO'd again.

The style match up is still the same but Poirier has improved and is more durable at 155. I doubt Conor is going to be the same guy. I think Poirier can overwhelm him and stop him if he doesn’t get reckless.

IF Conor can completely avoid alcohol / drugs / parties / courts, does some very serious training and gets somewhat back to his former motivated / focused self, then he can probably still win any LW fights (Tony included IMO) and even give Khabib a decent challenge in the inevitable rematch.

IF.

Dustin can win if he wrestles and looks for subs.

If he stands and fights with emotions there is a big chance he gets KTFO again.

Holy fucking shit people actually think Conor is the same...

IF Conor can completely avoid alcohol / drugs / parties / courts, does some very serious training and gets somewhat back to his former motivated / focused self, then he can probably still win any LW fights (Tony included IMO) and even give Khabib a decent challenge in the inevitable rematch.

IF.

Agree on everything except Khabib. The grappling gulf is just too vast to overcome. Conor always has a puncher's chance but he'll never have anything more than that against Khabib. Match up nightmare.

Conor aint winning shit. Peahead gets it done in 2 rnds, also Gaethje sleeps him the first thats why he ducking

How does poirier win easily

How does Conor win easily
Simple either a fairly easy KO, using superior boxing, harder shots. He knocked out Gaethje for God's sake, (plus others), what more proof u need of hard accurate boxing?
OR
take McG down and make him tap, already proven to be easy. Poirier is a black-belt in BJJ.

I know everyone on here hates mcgregor and refuse to think about him objectively, but let's honestly talk about this matchup. Assuming McGregor comes out of retirement and actually fights somebody, who wins? I can honestly see it going either way because McGregor is still an incredible striker and the reason khabib caught him was because khabib smartly tricked him into thinking he was gonna take him down while Dustin poirier has improved significantly since they last fought and has much more of a shot against McGregor. If we get the focused Conor McGregor who knocked out Aldo, Conor wins, but if we get the McGregor who is drunk out of his mind punching old men, Poirier wins.I can imagine Poirier winning by tko and I can also imagine McGregor winning, right now I feel like it's an even matchup, it really depends what McGregor we get fight day. At the end of the day, i still think McGregor would win because McGregors striking is just so high level but I wouldn't be shocked if McGregor comes into the fight out of shape and poirier makes him pay for it
McGregor's striking is a lot better

I'd favor Conor, but would expect it to be more competitive than the first time around.

Main reason being: Conor's still in Dustin's head. We'd see a return of Cletus and everything and it would be all over before it even started.
Right on bro

Hate to say it, but Colin sleeps him again. He's just a horrible matchup for Dustin.

If the Conor that showed up against Khabib turns up I think he wins handily. IF the Conor who fought Diaz turns up he gets wasted.

Do we know if this fight is happening? It seems like a no-brainer for Conor:

-Conor has already beaten Poirier and the stylistic matchup continues to favor Conor.
-Poirier just fought for the title and is growing in popularity. Conor therefore can't rightly be accused of ducking or refusing to fight a high-quality opponent.
-Khabib's tied up with Tony. If Conor wins, he'll be in line for a title shot and us Conor haters can't say it's undeserved.
-Conor likes Dustin. He can talk mad trash, sell a ton of PPVs, and secretly be happy for the big payday he brought Dustin afterwards.

Announce this damned fight already.

McGregor at his best would steamroll Poirier pretty easily. Whether we ever see McGregor in that shape again is a whole other story.

Conor has decimated everyone on the feet in the UFC except for Khabib and Nate

He was demolishing Nate but couldn't finish him and gassed

He was shook as hell against Khabib and Khabib has an incredibly awkward style

Back