• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who hits harder? Prime DC or Stipe?

DC knocked out BF when BF was coming off a win over Fedor and went on to melt Overeem and Browne in the UFC to get himself a title shot agaisnt Cain.

DC beat Barnett when Barnett was on an 8 fight winning streak with his ony loss in his last 10 fights coming to Big Nog.

These versions of BF and Barnett were much better fighters than the versions of Reem, JDS, AA and Werdum that Stipe beat.

Lol no. There was no point in Bigfoot's career where he was "better" than Werdum. He had literally lost to Werdum a year earlier. You must be on crack.

BF went on to beat damn near peak Overem and fight for a title. A much better version of Reem than Stipe beat 3 ko losses later. 🤣🤡

Barnett was on an 8 fight win streak.

Sorry little man, but these wins are better than the Reem Stipe fought who had already been KOd in the UFC 3x, 37 year old AA who never won another meaningful fight again, CTE JDS who went 1-5 n his next 6 or Werdum who was 39 and went 4-5 in his next 9 fights without winning another meaningful fight ever again.

BF losing to peak Cain isn't something to be ashamed of. You're a clown for even trying to frame it like that. You're one of the most shameless fanboys on this forum.
I am once again asking you to re-read what you just wrote, go back and re-read it again to make sure you see it, and figure out where you're holding DC and Stipe to completely opposite standards.

Actually no, I'll just spell it out for you: it's where getting a title shot is a good thing for DC opponents but a bad thing for Stipe opponents.

I think the answer is "both hit hard enough", both men were capable of finishing most opponents if they landed their best shots on them and I don't think a lack of power is a criticism you would make of either man.

If I was critical of either man standing it would be much more their defence and ability to land. I think Cormier was lacking in speed and potentially vunerable to kicks/knees and work to the body generally which might well have been exploited by other opponents(Crocop, Ubereem, etc). Stipe often depended on bullrushing opponent or their leaving big openings, he got caught several times pushing forward very upright(Reem, JDS 1, Cormier, Francis 2) which also I think could have been exploited more if he'd have fought in an earlier era.

Last edited:
Lol no. There was no point in Bigfoot's career where he was "better" than Werdum. He had literally lost to Werdum a year earlier. You must be on crack.
Bigfoot also gets KTFO by Cain in 3 minutes in his very next fight after Cormier, and again even quicker 2 fights later in only 1 minute.

The same Cain where that very reign he beat Bigfoot in ends in him losing his belt to Werdum. Who gets KTFO by Stipe in his very next fight.

But sure, Bigfoot when Cormier beat him is totally is a better win than Werdum when Stipe beat him.

Not even Cormier himself would ever try and claim that. Just a beyond delusional take by that guy hahaha.

The Cain fight was the best performance of his career easily

He was definitely still in his prime at that point, he just fought stupidly against Stipe and got caught. He humiliated Browne in his very next fight. The fight with Volkov is where he really fell off. He was winning but then gassed and got finished. Then against Oleinik he looked awful. That's when I knew he was done.

The guy arguing Werdum went 4-5 after Stipe is being disingenuous and counting his bare knuckle boxing loss to JDS. Reality is he went 4-1 after the Stipe fight with the one loss being a super competitive fight with Overeem. After that, his age caught up with him.

Last edited:
Seems obvious to me that the answer should be DC

But someone I'm discussing mma with is absolutely convinced Stipe hits harder

And I'm an idiot for believing otherwise

What do yall think?
Stipe 100% hits harder and you're definitely an idiot for believing otherwise, 😁. DC was never known for having heavy shots. Stipe has knocked out a ton of legit HW's without even putting a lot of leverage on his punches. Stipe had also boxed before doing MMA, won some type of golden gloves somewhere.

The Cain fight was the best performance of his career easily

It was a good performance but Cain was coming off a two year layoff, gassed in the second round and fought two more times and retired. It's hard to say if it was Werdum who looked amazing or if Cain just looked like shit. I guess it's fair to say it was a bit of both.

It was a good performance but Cain was coming off a two year layoff, gassed in the second round and fought two more times and retired. It's hard to say if it was Werdum who looked amazing or if Cain just looked like shit. I guess it's fair to say it was a bit of both.
Since when was Cain not coming off a layoff? Werdum bloodied him up in round one, hard to explain that away.

Since when was Cain not coming off a layoff? Werdum bloodied him up in round one, hard to explain that away.

Cain has had a lot of injuries, yes but he retired just 2 fights after losing to Werdum. There's a very good chance Werdum didn't fight the best version of Cain.

Cain has had a lot of injuries, yes but he retired just 2 fights after losing to Werdum. There's a very good chance Werdum didn't fight the best version of Cain.

4 years later. He was only 32 when he fought Werdum.

Barnett was 34 when he fought DC, perhaps we should discredit that win. I don't think that was prime Barnett.

Barnett was on an 8 fight win streak with his only loss in his last 10 fights coming to Big Nog. Barnett also went on to the UFC to smash Mir and AA as well. That was an amazing win for DC especially because of how early in his career that was. Barnett had a huge advantage in experience.

Maybe you should study the sport better brather.

I think style did play a significant role, Cain I think always depended a lot on pressure and on cage clinching to catch his breath, Werdum didnt have powetr to his boxing like JDS but he did have a very good jab which Cain walked into a ton and Cain's fear of the ground meat Werdum could hook up the thai plum every time Cain cage clinched which forced him to disengage rather than resting.

I think style did play a significant role, Cain I think always depended a lot on pressure and on cage clinching to catch his breath, Werdum didnt have powetr to his boxing like JDS but he did have a very good jab which Cain walked into a ton and Cain's fear of the ground meat Werdum could hook up the thai plum every time Cain cage clinched which forced him to disengage rather than resting.

This is fair. I think Werdums win over Cain was a good win but I'm not so sure that was the same guy from the JDS fights.

Back