Who hit harder - Ngannou or Carwin?

Ngannou drops people with arm punches that were partially blocked. Guys with a strong chin like Blaydes.

shane never beat anyone though....level of competition is a huge thing....ngannue has ko'd blades twice, ko'd cain, ko'd reem...who did shane ever ko...that was a ranked guy? mir? glas chin mir..haha and gonzaga..who hasn't ko'd gonzaga.

It's kind of funny to criticize Mir and Gonzaga's chins while listing Overeem as some sort of impressive KO. Cain's body is also made of paper machete and Gonzaga was ranked around the same spot Blaydes is now. At the time Gonzaga lost to Carwin his only losses were to Werdum and Couture.

No point tryna figure out "Who punches harder" when your at top tier slugger level -they all punch hard and its just gonna depend on what shot they throwning, how well you defending, who's got position on who etc..

Different styles with different types of punches, hard to compare.
Carwin short punches were impressive. But Ngannou teaching Arlovsky how to fly with an off balance uppercut, or making Blaydes kiss the floor with a blocked punch, it was also quite surnatural.

PertinentOrdinaryAllosaurus-max-1mb.gif

26gsvQLqINtsbl2vK.gif

Yeah absolutely, great point. That's why I said he's the deadlier striker, he has scary power from weird angles, combinations, and not sitting down on punches as much as Carwin. It's all a moot discussion, they both hit ridiculously hard but talking about styles and power from odd angles etc. is what makes conversations like this more fun.

Carwin was rated top 5 for laughably longer than he should have been.

Oh and Ngannu, by far, since we have a larger sample than just Mir (took Shane 500 strikes anyways) and Gonzaga lol.

Couldn't roid anymore after getting involved in that case. Then realised he couldn't bang and was getting fat so quit.

The fact that Carwin's best KO wins are Mir and Gonzaga says it all. He wouldn't have this cult status if he wasn't a jacked white boy.

True man. He didn't get get the chance to oneshot guys that are used to have a great chin.

But he DEFINITELY would have.

Give us back the ripped guys that need to cut 20 lbs to make 266.

Anyone who doesn't say Carwin is a TUF noob or casual goober. Carwin knocked dudes out with jabs, short punches, no torque, you name it. For pure punching power, he had the heaviest hands in heavyweight history, bar none.

shane never beat anyone though....level of competition is a huge thing....ngannue has ko'd blades twice, ko'd cain, ko'd reem...who did shane ever ko...that was a ranked guy? mir? glas chin mir..haha and gonzaga..who hasn't ko'd gonzaga.

Mir has a glass chin but Overeem doesn't? Okay.

{<jordan}

The easiest way to solve this debate is have Carwin go to UFC performance institute and have his punching power measured.

Than will know who punches harder.

Mir has a glass chin but Overeem doesn't? Okay.

{<jordan}

true...but mir was booted from the ufc awhile ago...reem at least has stayed somewhat relevant...just compare who ngannue has beaten to who carwin beat...no comparison....ngannue stopped cain in like a minute...beat blaydes twice...blaydes would destroy mir with ease...cain would destroy mir with ease...

It's kind of funny to criticize Mir and Gonzaga's chins while listing Overeem as some sort of impressive KO. Cain's body is also made of paper machete and Gonzaga was ranked around the same spot Blaydes is now. At the time Gonzaga lost to Carwin his only losses were to Werdum and Couture.

while cain was out for quite a while, nobody has ever really ko'd cain before....except jds, years ago...and gonzaga was always hugely over rated....if we are talking who's the better fighter, there's not even a debate.

while cain was out for quite a while, nobody has ever really ko'd cain before....except jds, years ago...and gonzaga was always hugely over rated....if we are talking who's the better fighter, there's not even a debate.

Cain has been injured for years though, that's not good for a fighters performance and I obviously wasn't comparing Gonzaga to Cain. I was comparing him to Blaydes who is ranked about where Gonzaga was ranked when Carwin beat him or lower. Gonzaga also had better wins than Blaydes did at that point in time and even fought for the title which Blaydes has failed to do so far.

If anything Gonzaga was a better fighter when Carwin beat him than Blaydes is now.

Ngannou is a much much better fighter but Shane might hit harder. Of course Franks competition is better. Lol at Mir and Gonzaga.

Cain has been injured for years though, that's not good for a fighters performance and I obviously wasn't comparing Gonzaga to Cain. I was comparing him to Blaydes who is ranked about where Gonzaga was ranked when Carwin beat him or lower. Gonzaga also had better wins than Blaydes did at that point in time and even fought for the title which Blaydes has failed to do so far.

If anything Gonzaga was a better fighter when Carwin beat him than Blaydes is now.

Aside from Cro Cop who was better win?

Aside from Cro Cop who was better win?

I would say 2013 Rothwell was about as good as any win Blaydes has too. But why does it have to be more than one?

Besides, I was comparing Gonzaga from when he fought Carwin to Blaydes currently cause that's what the discussion was about when the other person I replied to acted like Blaydes is so much better than Gonzaga at the time that he fought Carwin, basically an apples to apples comparison since Bladyes hasn't had a long career and declined yet.

Last edited:
Any answer is a best guess. I'd say Carwin because I was a big fan of his but honestly it could be Ngannou or someone else not in the conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back