Who hit harder - Ngannou or Carwin?

I'm gonna go with Carwin because he had that clubbing power. That short shot he hit Gonzaga with and just buried him.

Every Carwin punch was dangerous. Man I miss those days so many great fights and great orgs.

The problem is they both faced different opponents. Carwin KOed Mir and Gonzanga and Francis faced guys who are known to have weak chins like Arlowski and Overeem. He has also finished a washed out JDS and Valasquez. On paper this just sounds awesome but we all know what kind of competition all those guys were when Frank KOed them. But i would still have to go with Frank here due to more brual one punch KO's.

Carwin. He could one punch KO somebody from pretty much any position with little wind up or technique. That's the definition of power.

It's still crazy to me that Brock survived that first round barrage from him after seeing what he did to everyone else he hit like that.

Unlike Ngannou who got KTFO by... ?

I 'liked' his post and then unliked after I finished reading it because of that comment. Like wtf, why does everyone here have to make up shit in an attempt to strengthen their view.

As for the thread I think Carwin hits harder while N'Gannou has the obviously much more fluid hands which makes his striking deadlier than Carwin's. Straight up power though, gotta go Carwin. He generates so much power with that often no wind up right cross. Was it the Gonzaga one? The punch was from like a foot away iirc and was devastating.

All FN ko look like he was trying to kill them lwhereas SC could lay people out with short punches. Almost KOd Lesnar through his arms

As for the thread I think Carwin hits harder while N'Gannou has the obviously much more fluid hands which makes his striking deadlier than Carwin's. Straight up power though, gotta go Carwin. He generates so much power with that often no wind up right cross. Was it the Gonzaga one? The punch was from like a foot away iirc and was devastating.
Different styles with different types of punches, hard to compare.
Carwin short punches were impressive. But Ngannou teaching Arlovsky how to fly with an off balance uppercut, or making Blaydes kiss the floor with a blocked punch, it was also quite surnatural.

PertinentOrdinaryAllosaurus-max-1mb.gif

26gsvQLqINtsbl2vK.gif

Different styles with different types of punches, hard to compare.
Carwin short punches were impressive. But Ngannou teaching Arlovsky how to fly with an off balance uppercut, or making Blaydes kiss the floor with a blocked punch, it was also quite surnatural.

PertinentOrdinaryAllosaurus-max-1mb.gif

26gsvQLqINtsbl2vK.gif

Blaydes fight was a temple shot KO

temple shot KO = instant KO

Even my sister KOd some dudes with a temple shot

Why couldn't Carwin finish Brock?

Watch the fight? Probably because he didn't get to land one truly clean overhand on Lesnar.

And Lesnar has a stupid strong chin.

How come Overeem and Velasquez we're able to finish him?

Lesnar was not healthy vs prime Cain and Ubereem.

even Ubereem knew that Brock couldnt tkae a bodyshot … career ending disease for most athletes

Carwin didn’t need counters or big shots, he hit so hard he could KO guys with jabs or little arm punches.

Francis is the more destructive KO artist for sure and one of the scariest guys ever but he’s actually underrated as a counter striker. A lot of his shots have good setups and he’s also deceptively fast. Shane just had brutal power. Id give Shane an edge on power based on that. Too lazy to find videos

shane never beat anyone though....level of competition is a huge thing....ngannue has ko'd blades twice, ko'd cain, ko'd reem...who did shane ever ko...that was a ranked guy? mir? glas chin mir..haha and gonzaga..who hasn't ko'd gonzaga.

Back