Who hit harder - Ngannou or Carwin?

Many have confirmed rumble hit harder then Francis
Rumble has power in all his limbs and uses them. I'd say Ngannou punches harder but Rumble has like 9 straight KOs which is pretty crazy.

Interesting topic, I still say Ngann, but that fight makes me hard, will have happen, but fun thought

Slow Ngannou down and you'll see that he has good, but not great power. His speed is what knocks people out. He's a big dude and definitely hits hard, but it's his timing and speed that really put people to sleep. He catches guys with shots they don't see. He also drops bungalows. Lots of wind up on a lot of those highlight reel ko's he has. He's also an underrated technician.

Carwin didn't need to wind up. He had very little technique. He was a big sob with giant hands. He could just touch a guy's chin and sleep him.

Rumble has power in all his limbs and uses them. I'd say Ngannou punches harder but Rumble has like 9 straight KOs which is pretty crazy.
That’s not what DC said

The more time passes, the more people forget about Shane Carwin.

He had an incredible chin. Took monster shots, and never flinched.

gonzagarockscarwin_medium.gif

And was the hardest hitting HW the UFC has ever seen.

jz67is193y001.gif

BCHY5TH.gif

Dude was a monster.

j2vk15-1477025046317-49-57-313-416-crop-1477025101687.gif

Scariest 1st round fighter in UFC history.

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWink-300-sg.gif

Last edited:
Both are high up on the one hitter quitter list.....have watched all their fights and by a slim margin ( if I was getting paid some $$$$$$ - just as a test), I'd rather take a shot by Carwin. I might have chance of not getting separated from consciousness. I wouldnt want to take a flush shot from Ngannou.

So did Cabbage
Cabbage and Carwin aren't really a fair comparison... Think what Shane would have done to poor Wesley.

I'm talking about his chin for the people talking about Ngannou's - Carwin's face exploded vs JDS and was shattered, but he never dropped.

carwin-bloody-face-ufc-131-jds.gif

Carwin hit harder and had a better chin than Frank, but, amazingly, Frank gas the better cardio.

Guys we’re talking about who hit harder. Carwin could literally KO someone with a tiny, short punch.

Probably the two hardest punchers in MMA history

I would give the edge to Carwin personally, he knocked out a prime Mir and Gonzaga

Most of Ngannou's KOs have been against old men off the juice

Unlike Ngannou, Carwin also has an iron chin. Got hit by nukes by prime JDS and didn't get KTFO
ngannou was dead from gassing after 1 round against stipe. and he didnt even get hurt or wobbled. stipe looked worse off after the fight. and ngannou doesnt have a chin. newb.

Carwin.

He kod people with arm punches.

Francis swings from the floor or behind his back.

Its not even close.

Probably the two hardest punchers in MMA history

I would give the edge to Carwin personally, he knocked out a prime Mir and Gonzaga

Most of Ngannou's KOs have been against old men off the juice

Unlike Ngannou, Carwin also has an iron chin. Got hit by nukes by prime JDS and didn't get KTFO
Unlike Ngannou? Who rocked or KOd him?
Carwin got rocked multiple times by JDS

Carwin. Ko'ed people with no load up and without his feet set.

Francis actually uses a modicum of technique.
This.

Carwin would just raise his hand and people got KO'd.

Also, I can't imagine Carwin running away from Derick Lewis. As far as I can remember I've never seen him dancing around, refusing to engage.

Cabbage and Carwin aren't really a fair comparison... Think what Shane would have done to poor Wesley.

I'm talking about his chin for the people talking about Ngannou's - Carwin's face exploded vs JDS and was shattered, but he never dropped.

carwin-bloody-face-ufc-131-jds.gif

Carwin hit harder and had a better chin than Frank, but, amazingly, Frank gas the better cardio.

I was relating to his “good chin” comment, punching power goes without saying

Hard to say. Carwin's fists are definitely heavier, Ngannou probably delivers his with more velocity. Get them in a bar with one of those punching machines and let's find out.

Back