who here's blown their fingers off with Fireworks?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Jack Handy jr, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Jack Handy jr

Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

Don't be embarrassed.

I almost killed my brother in 1988 by throwing an M-80 at his head when he went down I knew I was at minimum going to get a tree switch ass whipping. he woke up couldn't hear for awhile but then we continued to throw m80's and launch bottle rockets at each other.

I also clearly remember blowing up hundreds of dollars of GI JOE, and COBRA men and material in my backyard. I almost blew up our garage with an M250 I bought from a store up the street where you could get any type of illegal firecracker you wanted amongst other illegal accoutremau like AK's mac 10's, Weed, and ghetto candy.

But through all the neighborhood fireworks wars none of us ever lost any fingers. so what's your story? also any eyes shot out with BB guns count too.

http://www.newsweek.com/two-nfl-players-lose-fingers-firework-related-accidents-351661

2. Diktaattori

Diktaattori ★☆★☆★

I'd imagine life without fingers on an internet forum is tough.

3. west42

west42 Brown Belt

Pffft, I wish you could buy fireworks today that were capable of blowing off digits. Shit is so weak you can't even blow up a frog or something like that.
    Back in the day my buddy's Dad was always getting these things, he called em quarter sticks and half sticks of dynamite, but where really just a cardboard tube filled with powder and hot glued on each end. Things were fuckin amazing. Pretty sure his Dad made them himself and just didn't want to get in trouble, so refused to say where they came from.

4. VroomyJeeps

VroomyJeeps Brown Belt

My old neighbour did, he was missing like 4 fingers

5. BubbaH

BubbaH Brown Belt

Not me. But I know a guy who blew three fingers off of his left hand with a dynamite blasting cap while at work. He only has a thumb and forefinger on that hand now but is still able to use it pretty well.

6. Cheese

Cheese Banned Banned

ain't blow off no fingers but burned my brother up pretty good with a roman candle when wes was little.

7. equus

equus Horse Belt Staff Member Senior Moderator

never blew any fingers off. I did almost cause my brother to die from a heart attack when he was about 9 because I took a string of black cats and lit them in my moms stew pot, setting it on his bed while he was sleeping. still one of my most awesome and vivid memories.

8. Hagelslag2

Hagelslag2 Brown Belt

Still have all my fingers, but one time I had the brilliant idea to light a firecracker with a sparkler. When I pulled the firecracker away from the sparkler, I could just see the lit fuse disappear. The next moment I had a ring in my ear, a numb hand and residue in my eyes.

9. Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn Kuiper belt

mandatory:

10. xbone19

xbone19 Green Belt

just ringing in my ears for about 20 mins

good thing it went away :D

11. Big Tuppy Hole

Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

My mate use to make pipe bombs when we were kids, He gave 1 to this asian kid for his birthday and he ended up blowing his guts out with it at his party.

12. Jack Handy jr

Bro those were called M80's, and M250's in my hood and they were friggin awesome I blew up a Cobra night Raven with one (it was my brothers:icon_chee) my neighbors would come out thinking someone's house just blew up do to a gas explosion damn I miss the 80's

13. MindTravel

MindTravel Red Belt

Please elaborate.

14. dc007

dc007 mr. white belt

Surprisingly I don't know anyone who did. Maybe because fireworks were illegal in my state so getting them was a pain in the ass as a kid. We did set a lot of shit on fire though.

15. Big Tuppy Hole

Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

The kid lost the wick and lit it with a match, Boom there goes his guts. The kid survived, it was in the news for abit.

16. smellmyfarts

smellmyfarts Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Went to grade school with a kid that almost lost his penis after his sister dropped a string of lady fingers down his pants. He ended up in the ER with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his upper legs and groin area.

The guy has 3 kids now, so I would assume everything works, but my GF knows a girl that dated him as an adult that said she refused to give him head because his D looked like a science experiment :icon_sad:

17. Big Tuppy Hole

Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

Not exactly fire crackers, but this Burmese kid offered to stick his arm in a spud gun and let us fire it, it skinned his arm and threw his shoulder out, funny thing is he never hung around us much after that

18. Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn Kuiper belt

a buddy of mine growing up figured out how to get the silver powder out of bottle rockets separate from the black powder. him, another friend of mine, and myself used to work on bricks of those until we gathered enough to make magnum sized sticks. they were pretty ghetto with rubber bands, tape, and those fuses for hobby model rockets, but effective and impressive nonetheless.

we never got into any trouble, but we did blow the neighborhood narc lady's mailbox inside out and across the street with one. blew apart the wooden post too. if i live to be 100 i will never forget how loud the report was when that thing went off, or how hard we were all laughing while running down the street on our way back home.

the original guy eventually tried to talk my other friend and i into helping him try to make something out of ping-pong balls, drano, and gasoline cans...but we wouldn't bite. i stopped hanging out with him not long after that, so i don't know what ever happened to him. he most likely ended up in juvie.

19. Jack Handy jr

I use to friggin love roman candles. only thing better was the blowtorch Lysol spray and lighter I remember somebody's face getting melted off when a can exploded lol. that thing made an awesome flamethrower against my brother's COBRA forces.

20. Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn Kuiper belt

god how could i have forgotten those? i think we used to use wd-40 cans. we were such delinquent heathens.

this is why video games and the internet aren't a bad thing imo... helps to keep all the kids today occupied in the house, so they aren't outside doing all of that destructive shit.