Who here remembers Urijah Faber?

I member his chin, ass like that is rare
10410094_884008674997034_5962413364927054980_n.png

On the real, when he rematched MTB and resorted to elbows when both his hands were gone, I became a lifelong fan. Guys often shut down and look to their team to pull the plug after one hand breaks, let alone 2. And he had lost to Brown already, I can't imagine how frustrating that was for Urijah.

But he carried on, made it the distance. He was *the* sub-155lb. Superstar, and the Feathers, Bantams, and Fly's owe him a lot

On the real, when he rematched MTB and resorted to elbows when both his hands were gone, I became a lifelong fan. Guys often shut down and look to their team to pull the plug after one hand breaks, let alone 2. And he had lost to Brown already, I can't imagine how frustrating that was for Urijah.

But he carried on, made it the distance. He was *the* sub-155lb. Superstar, and the Feathers, Bantams, and Fly's owe him a lot
Bowles vs Cruz

Faber was a true warrior.

Faber had one of the most exciting styles in MMA and always came to scrap. His career was great to watch.
Funny how 1 sport has so many different opinions. I think he's boring AF and hoped he stayed retired. Enjoyed watching Aldo change his leg colors.

Yeah, he almost choked out Ronda.

Funny how 1 sport has so many different opinions. I think he's boring AF and hoped he stayed retired. Enjoyed watching Aldo change his leg colors.
Honest question. What specific Faber fights do you believe were boring? I legitimately can't think of a single one where the action wasn't packed. Hell, all his wins were by crazy submissions.

ROFL man
I was thinking about the korean zombie, idk why I called him california kid <45>
He didn't fight Korean Zombie either?? Wtf Also, very bizarre fights of his to pick. His fight against Edgar was a snooze, very bizarre thread

Honest question. What specific Faber fights do you believe were boring? I legitimately can't think of a single one where the action wasn't packed. Hell, all his wins were by crazy submissions.
His fights against the California Kid and KZ were pretty boring imo.

Bowles vs Cruz

Faber was a true warrior.
And he's coming back, which speaks volumes about his motivations.

He's done well, invested wisely. But he's coming back bc it's obviously his calling to compete while he still can.

He's the prototype that fighters should try and model their approach after. Both in the cage and out.

Submission based fighters are typically boring and have unmemorable bouts. Have watched most or all of his fights since WEC and don't remember much of them. One of those you don't have enough interest in. Spastic punch , fake overhand to takedown, grab the neck. He has a lot of fans, was glad when he said he stepped away. Seems like a really good guy and great coach though.

I remember when him and Miguel Torres were dominating sub 155 before the UFC had those

He was dominated against Aldo and Edgar.

And he is fighting Ricardo Simon next. He will probably lose that one too.

Never heard of her.

faber.jpg

Back