who here lives in ontario?

Male nurse, slaughterer of pigs and cattle, dishwasher and janitor to name a few

I was a dishwasher in a butcher shop, regularly had to scrape the congealed blood off the meat locker floor. Memories.

Oh yeah it was my job to drown the rats too.

Well I loved it. Canoeing, listening to bagpipes and fiddling, eating fresh made bread and bannoc, wearing the most comfortable dresses ever...

Minus the dresses I'm down.

I'm really surprised to see this many Ontario Sherbros.

Agreed. Just to name a few. Some are better to see in the Summer.

You could got to Casa Loma in Toronto, the Royal Ontario Museum, the Salt Mines in Goderich, Algonquin Park, see the big Nickel in Sudbury.

I was totally not expecting to see a Goderich reference here, nice. The Salt Mine is pretty neat and Goderich is a nice little town.

I agree about Hamilton, I've only ever gone there for concerts and even then it's not always worth it because usually you can see the same band in Toronto.

Check out Niagara on the Lake. If you like live theater the Shaw Festival is great.

Arrowhead, Killbear, Awenda, and Algonquin are great places to camp.

I'm from Muskoka, and but spent a lot of time in the north due to family.

I recommend Algonquin Park if you want to go on a canoe trip or hike. It is the most beautiful place on Earth (that I have personally seen).

Check out Cobourg beach in the summer if you've never been. It's amazing.

Sandbanks Provincial Park has a nice beach too. It's a good family spot and has great flat shallows that stretch out pretty far for the young kids.

I just moved to Ontario. I am from Washington state originally. Then I moved to BC. Now my work has me here in niagra falls. Very beautiful place.

Anyone have any suggestion as to what places to visit?

you should get really high and go to nightmare factory in niagara falls, shit was scary as fuck

While a lot smaller, Cobourg beach has Wasaga beat in the hottie department.

Its a good time. Less guidos as well.

lol im from cobourg!!! the beach is probably one of the few redeeming qualities about the town. On the topic of parks, i'd like to add bon echo to list of places you should consider checking out. Absolutely beautiful.

If you like getting in fights with insane assholes spend some time in Hamilton at Hess village.

Toronto does UFC events sometimes, there's always concerts and there are lots of museums and pubs. The live sports in Toronto are great too, basketball, baseball, hockey games are pretty fun. The Toronto lacross team is great, the soccer team for major league soccer puts on a great show those games are lots of fun, even the CFL football is good shit and you can see CFL games in Ottawa, Hamilton and of course Toronto.

If you're into stand up comedy there are shows in the falls, Toronto, Hamilton and probably elsewhere.

There are good lectures and guest speakers all the time in Canadian universities too.

Come to Hamiltons North end I'll show you around.. Other than dodging the soot that floats in the air from Dofasco Hamilton is a great place. 43 years I've called it home

Oskee wee wee

When I was in an Ontario diner the waitress asked if I wanted Soup or Salad. I thought she said Super Salad. I was intrigued and asked what the Super Salad was. She said no I said Soup or Salad. Now whenever I think of Ontario I think of the Super Salad.

Damn, I need to get out more, been to Toronto all my life. I did visit Kingston last year, it seems nice, though not sure what its like to live there

I'm in Ontario in Richmond Hill to be exact Niagara is a very nice place.

Born and raised just outside of Peterborough, in a place where we solve our personal beefs with back hoes.

Honestly, i love it here. There is still some great fishing on kawartha lakes, and Stoney lake has always been one of my favorite places.

To be honest though, there is isn't a whole lot North of the Toronto region other than National parks.

Crazy talk! The Lake Huron coast, from Grand Band up to Tobermory, is very nice. If you're into the outdoors, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, etc, it only gets better the further north you go. There are plenty of fly-in places, but they're quite expensive. The very serious fishers go where it's still fairly pristine, the kind of places you can't really get to easily except by plane.

Also, a hidden treasure that nobody sees is the Bush Plane Museum in Sault Ste. Marie. It's really interesting.

There are huge swaths of boreal forest and Canadian shield, but going up north to places like New Liskeard, Timmins, etc, it's like being in another country.

I'm in Scarborough, an area in Toronto.

Don't come here.

If fishing is your thing come see me on lake Simcoe, Ice fishing capital of Ontario.

i am going to rent a hut and take the kids .. where is the best place to go on simcoe? i am in toronto, so just gonna come up for the day

Back