Who here is picking TJ Grant over Maynard, and why?

Yujiro Hanma

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think Maynard is superior in every area, I think he wins this fight convincingly and takes the LW title from Bendo before the end of the year. Is anyone picking Grant in this fight?

Maynard will win for sure. Let's see how much that training with Aldo pays off.

My Wife and I bet $10 on every fight and she chose Maynard, so Im picking Grant by default I guess...

I'm picking grant, because i think he's entertaining

I've got 800 bucks ON TEE JAY GRANT.

best dog of the card. bigger then maynard, better striker, better clinch, only disadvantage is wrestling.

Last edited:
everybody still just underestimating Grant like that? after destroying one of my favs Matt Wiman, the dude is the real deal. Gray is one dimensional and hasnt even used that dimension in years

I wont be surprised if TJ beats Gray. Either way its going to be a great fight.

Think Grant is underrated here. TJ is huge at LW, and has the better standup game. When's the last time Gray fought someone close to his size? I see Gray struggling to get the fight to the ground, and if he has difficulty taking Grant down it will be a hard fight for him.

Or I could be totally wrong and Gray gets TD's at will haha, but Grant has a great chance at winning this fight.

I've got 800 bucks ON TEE JAY GRANT.

best dog of the card. bigger then maynard, better striker, better clinch, only disadvantage is wrestling.

yes that's it. He's clearly a better boxer, has bigger punching power and stronger right? He also has way more experience against top level fighters huh?

everybody still just underestimating Grant like that? after destroying one of my favs Matt Wiman, the dude is the real deal. Gray is one dimensional and hasnt even used that dimension in years

lol right Gray has no punching power or striking skills. Always funny to see someone call one fighter underrated and then turn around and underrate another fighter.

TJ's pressure style of stand up won't let Gray settle in and if he gets taken down he's got a fantastic butterfly guard he uses to get back to his feet effectively (Hendricks fight), add in Gray's ring rust and I think TJ wins this one.

Sue me.

lol right Gray has no punching power or striking skills. Always funny to see someone call one fighter underrated and then turn around and underrate another fighter.

He has one KO over Veres, and rocked Frankie in two fights and was never able to put him away. Split decisions over Nate Diaz, Guida, and Huerta. If you look at the way Gray won his fights, he does seem one dimensional.

Think tj takes it. Ud or maybe late submission

He has one KO over Veres, and rocked Frankie in two fights and was never able to put him away. Split decisions over Nate Diaz, Guida, and Huerta. If you look at the way Gray won his fights, he does seem one dimensional.

uhm no he doesn't and Not one of those things you even mentioned have anything to do with him being one dimensional.

Shit in the Huerta fight he showed good boxing, good submissions, good cardio and good wrestling but it makes him seem one dimensional because one dumb ass judge scored the fight incorrectly?

What dimension is that, then? Striking? Because he won the Diaz and Guida fights on the feet (granted i thought Diaz was robbed), and almost finished Huerta with a kimura.

Back