Who here is more interested in the LW division than the HW division?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Just wondering. I wish i could do a poll but i can't

Considering lw is one of the most stacked a division has ever been, lw by far

i am and if you arent its because you arent as big of a MMA fan as i am

LW by far. And it's been that way for a while as far as my interest are concern.

I'd say practically everyone is

No one is interested in watching guys the same size as them fight, and seeing as the average Sherdogger is 6'5 250 pounds shredded 2% body fat they have no interest in HW

I like them both equally.

LW is deeper and more competitive but HW is still fun because anyone can beat anyone on any given night and a lot of those HWs are zombie veterans that have somehow remained in the top ten for almost a decade!

I'd say practically everyone is

No one is interested in watching guys the same size as them fight, and seeing as the average Sherdogger is 6'5 250 pounds shredded 2% body fat they have no interest in HW
But everyone shits on them "little guys". Why?

Me. The lightweight division has been much deeper and more competitive, arguably, since it's inception. It would be nice to have a lightweight champion that feels a responsibility to defend the title, instead of the nonsense of installing an interim lightweight championship while a healthy champion sits out. I know that's expecting too much nowadays.

LW is the hottest div right now,but I would really get up for Stipe fights. Cain vs Stipe is a really big deal to me.

Not me. I'm more interested in seeing the best fighters in the world (and I mean fights between the top 5-6, not sloppy brawlers like Black Beast). LW is a fun watch though.

LW is the hottest div right now,but I would really get up for Stipe fights. Cain vs Stipe is a really big deal to me.
Im a huge Cain fan, ilove the way he fights. He's never been in one of those slow sloppy gassed out HW fights you hear of sometimes.

That said i feel very dissapointed in his ability to get through a camp and will have a hard time getting excited for any fight he's booked in in the future. Just talking from a frustrated fans POV.

A Stipe/JDS rematch would get me REALLY fired up

Im a huge Cain fan, ilove the way he fights. He's never been in one of those slow sloppy gassed out HW fights you hear of sometimes.

That said i feel very dissapointed in his ability to get through a camp and will have a hard time getting excited for any fight he's booked in in the future. Just talking from a frustrated fans POV.

A Stipe/JDS rematch would get me REALLY fired up
That too but i want to see Cain vs Stipe the most.

Not me. I'm more interested in seeing the best fighters in the world (and I mean fights between the top 5-6, not sloppy brawlers like Black Beast). LW is a fun watch though.
I feel like Rumble would KO Reem, and Gus would decision Rothwell (who is ranked #5)

With JDS, Hunt, Cain, and Lesnar no longer really being part of the equation... yes, I favor LW over HW.
If they can get a few new prospects, and maybe some people can find a new gym...ahem Cain... then I'd probably start to like HW a bit more.
It's kind of stale at the moment.

Right now it's more interesting but the landscape changes all the time

Back