Who here has the best job?

I go to school. And get paid for it. Suck it bitches!

Former latex salesman. Moved on to importing/exporting but always dreamed of becoming an architect.

Actor.

When I have work, it's fucking great... but that's pretty rare. Especially down here in lil ol' New Zealand. Not exactly Hollywood in terms of a bustling industry.

So most of the time I'm unemployed, as are most actors, but I'm pretty much a house husband. I'm very lucky in that my partner has a very good job where she earns enough to keep me in the manner I'm accustomed and I just make sure she doesn't have to do anything when she gets home.

However, I'm not going to be unemployed for TOO much longer. I toured a play to the States over this past Dec/Jan and it got the funding necessary so we'll be heading back in around a year for a 10 month plus tour of the whole of the United States (or atleast the major centres), so that'll be fucking awesome.

Now... if only I could get some work in the meantime.

So you're that guy, who goes into the bathroom and enjoys his dump session far too much. Me, I've got to have a case of dysentery in order to bring myself to use a work bathroom.

would you rather be paid to shit or shit on your own time?

Actor.

When I have work, it's fucking great... but that's pretty rare. Especially down here in lil ol' New Zealand. Not exactly Hollywood in terms of a bustling industry.

So most of the time I'm unemployed, as are most actors, but I'm pretty much a house husband. I'm very lucky in that my partner has a very good job where she earns enough to keep me in the manner I'm accustomed and I just make sure she doesn't have to do anything when she gets home.

However, I'm not going to be unemployed for TOO much longer. I toured a play to the States over this past Dec/Jan and it got the funding necessary so we'll be heading back in around a year for a 10 month plus tour of the whole of the United States (or atleast the major centres), so that'll be fucking awesome.

Now... if only I could get some work in the meantime.

Did you miss out on dat LOTR money?

Are you saying that you actively work to help corporations avoid paying tax?

If so, you're terrible. Seriously.

Maybe if they weren't so high they wouldn't have to spend so much money hiring PolishHeadlock to find (legal) ways to pay less.

He's a great person, kudos to him.

Today I attended a fatal collision involving a young woman. Her mother happened on the accident by chance and was, understandably, inconsolable.

Best job? Not me.

i love my job. I create my own schedule, get paid well, and get admiration from the public for doing it.

lmao

original.jpg

Did you miss out on dat LOTR money?

Yup. I was in drama school while they were filming it. Fuckers.

Maybe if they weren't so high they wouldn't have to spend so much money hiring PolishHeadlock to find (legal) ways to pay less.

He's a great person, kudos to him.

Many, many countries miss out on HUGE amounts of money because of corporate tax evasion.

It's in the billions, if not trillions of dollars and it just really fucks me off. Especially when the majority of discussion about saving money etc in terms of tax is always focused on benefits/foodstamps and things of that nature, when corporate tax evasion is a much, much bigger issue.

Grinds my gears.

Many, many countries miss out on HUGE amounts of money because of corporate tax evasion.

It's in the billions, if not trillions of dollars and it just really fucks me off. Especially when the majority of discussion about saving money etc in terms of tax is always focused on benefits/foodstamps and things of that nature, when corporate tax evasion is a much, much bigger issue.

Grinds my gears.

I agree man. Corporate tax rates are criminally low as is, when you get into the evasion and legal loopholes it's sickening. Trickle down doesn't work, it's bullshit.

Brutal. Still, NZ is scenic, and if you craft business-friendly laws and have low enough taxes :)) ), you should be able to attract more filming crews there in the future.

Grinds my gears.

Well this isn't the War Room so I won't debate you, but let's just say we fundamentally disagree on the legitimacy of that "missed revenue." You say they should be getting so much more and thus are missing out, I'm saying they're getting more than they deserve as it is. We'll have to leave it at that lest we derail this into something it isn't supposed to be.

Grinds my gears.

Tax evasion is illegal.

Tax avoidance is not.

One is obtained through legal means the other is not. Blame the legislators for the avoidance.

Let me ask you this question, do you try and pay as little or as much tax as possible? I mean when you complete your tax return do you claim every deduction you are entitled to or do you forgo those deductions in order to increase your taxable income and therefore tax payable?

Today I attended a fatal collision involving a young woman. Her mother happened on the accident by chance and was, understandably, inconsolable.

Best job? Not me.

You're an undertaker.

Are you saying that you actively work to help corporations avoid paying tax?

If so, you're terrible. Seriously.

Yes.

What do your think of Hollywood making movies overseas to avoid taxes and LA unions?

George Clooney doesn't mind

Back