Who here has the best job?

My job rules! 24 on. 72 off. Great money and a pension.

i was thinking about pursuing that career path, but the jobs in my area tend to be locked up for those with connections. sad but true.

All these people who love their jobs love them so much they dont want to say what they do.

My job has it's perks but at times I've really hated it. For the most part I just tolerate it. I maintain semiconductor equipment for the world's largest semiconductor company.

would enjoy my job much more if i didn't have to deal with sheer incompetence. may not be as bad in other fields, but in the IT field, having to deal with incompetence will drive you crazy/homicidal. having some schmuck ask me stupid questions or blatantly lying when i know exactly what is wrong and how to fix it, but can't fix it because the schmuck has the permissions needed to do so.

For the most part, my job is great. I work on websites.

I schedule my own hours and my boss doesn't care as long as I get shit done.

I train employees from time to time on adding content to sites and I troubleshoot site issues.

It's cool because I get to meet new people and I go out of the office once every 2 weeks.

It sucks though when shit hits the fan and I get a call over a weekend to fix sites ASAP. I'm not going to sugarcoat it and say everything is great but even with that, pros outweigh the cons.

LOL, at people that post here being employed in any facet.

All these people who love their jobs love them so much they dont want to say what they do.

My job has it's perks but at times I've really hated it. For the most part I just tolerate it. I maintain semiconductor equipment for the world's largest semiconductor company.

I just assumed my user name and avatar let people know.

For the guys looking to get on the job. My best recommendation right now is to make sure you become a paramedic. With the increased EMS calls FD's are going to. Being a regular EMT doesn't quite cut it anymore. Some college credits in fire sciences helps, but a lot of mid size and smaller dept.'s are looking for people who have already gotten certified. So around here kids are forgoing starting college to volunteer on a FD and using the volunteer status to put themselves through a fire academy.

Also be prepared for pensions to go the way of the dinosaur. Towns and cities are looking for ways to get rid of them. So in addition, you might want to brush up on investing as a lot of FD's also have some sort of extra retirement fund you can sign up for.

makes me think of that vid with the old asian guy complaining about working in an underwear store or something..

Right now I'm an avionics contractor, getting paid well and lots of travel. Plus I get to work on and see cool shit from time to time. It sounds great when you tell ppl what you do, and sometimes it is pretty cool, but I've been doing it for 8 years and I'm looking to start something completely different. I'm burned out on it.

In the past I've done industrial/commercial/residential electrical work, and I actually enjoyed the residential electrician gig the most. But the pay isn't very good. Not compared to avionics contracting.

So I'm interested in this thread to get ideas on jobs ppl actually enjoy doing. Myself, I'd love to go back to school for psychology, as I'm actually interested in that field. But I imagine that market is flooded because everybody goes to school for fucking psychology these days. But I'd be better than them :)

Also I'm prior military and still have some gi bill left, but I owe a few thousand on my taxes from last year, and I think the gvt would just take that gi bill money and I'd never see it. That happened once before.

Any ideas? Also, you guys need to start actually putting down what you do...not just "i like my job." I mean...wtf IS your job? I want ideas ppl!!! rawrrrr

I'm a cop. It's the only thing I've ever wanted to do with my life and it's the only thing I could imagine ever doing. I wake up excited for work every day ( probably because I'm still green ). My Dad and Grandfather were both RCMP agents, so becoming a Mountie is my long term goal.

Cop myself brother. Even though I have a business administration degree I couldn't see doing much else.

GI bill in NYC for 13 credits. That can't be beat.

Plus I mooch off the govt and get unemployment at 361 a week. :)

I get satisfaction out of keeping corporations effective tax rate low. Damn the man!

I'm a baker and pastry chef at a high end french/Italian restaurant. The pays not the greatest because I'm still making my bones, but I absolutely love my job

Love my job, hate the people that work there.

I wonder if Zookeeper Gabe has any positions open? I can pick up elephant dung, for 75K/year. I would even get in there with the lions, but you have to give me a gun and a prod. I am not going near the alligators. I am scared of them.

Lol. I work at one of the better paying zoos in the country and I make 20ish per hour. My profession is not about the money in the least. It is literally in top ten in the country, have a strong city union.

Right now I am getting paid to learn a foreign language.

professional wrestler

woo woo woo

Back